::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

In the winter time it makes it a little easier for us to do business with mainland companies (like if we need order/license/tech support.)
Especially if they are East-coast based.
A six-hour time difference is sometimes tough to get things accomplished during my work day.

Well, I think I prefer Tenor to Concert, yet I own more concerts than tenors, so go figure...

Oops - not quite true anymore.
I sold my Kamoa Grand Concert to buy a Tenor Compass Rose.
So it's Four tenors, one baritone, four concerts, one soprano.
Although one concert is a "mini-concert" or a long-neck soprano.
I thought it was cool to have both a mini concert and a grand concert, as well as three other concerts :)

Well, I think I prefer Tenor to Concert, yet I own more concerts than tenors, so go figure...

Same for me. But Sarah has me doing a tone exercise and the tenor stretch I miss about half the time. Pure and clean on a concert.

Oops - not quite true anymore.
I sold my Kamoa Grand Concert to buy a Tenor Compass Rose.
So it's Four tenors, one baritone, four concerts, one soprano.
Although one concert is a "mini-concert" or a long-neck soprano.
I thought it was cool to have both a mini concert and a grand concert, as well as three other concerts :)

8 concerts/5 tenors

Revisiting my concert/tenor conundrum.

I really do think, looking back, the long-neck concert is ideal.
You get the room on the neck of a Tenor, with the punchier ukulele sound of the concert body.
I don't know if you have ever played Sukie's Moore Bettah, but that one is indeed perfect.
A long neck concert.

Same for me. But Sarah has me doing a tone exercise and the tenor stretch I miss about half the time. Pure and clean on a concert.

Yeah, when Kimo gave me an exercise of Akaka Falls, I still stretch awkwardly on a Tenor, and it was clean on the Kamoa.

I'm more used to the smaller instruments. Some chords on the tenor are a bit of a stretch. After the fifth fret the tenors are easier for me. In other words around the sixth and farther frets the sopranos get a little tight between frets. So it depends on what I'm trying to do I guess.

So, anyhow, in resent times the soprano is my go to instrument. I use the one Jon gave me every day. Thank you Jon.

I can't even with sopranos. I get the sound, but I need a little more room on the fretboard. Although one of my concerts is actually a longneck pineapple soprano. Punchy & bright, a little obnoxious, but the room I like on the neck.

Morning kids.

It’s regularly my day off at the school but we have a meeting at 2 I have to be at. I think I’ll stay awhile after and do some stuff around the school I’ve been meaning to get to.

Nice quiet morning at home. Currently soaking in the tub sipping a cup of coffee.

Top Bottom