::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Man it just dumped heavy rain and hail for like 30 minutes straight. You could only see about 1/4 mile maybe.

We were stuck on the freeway because water flooded all the way across. Four lanes were trying to edge over to the emergency lane in the center divide except for one meathead in a raised 4X4 who thought he would plow through the deepest part.

He almost made it.

almost

At the moment we are in the sunshine mode. A bit breezy though. We'll see how the rest of the day goes.

I've lived here all my life and I've never driven all the way down Hwy 1

I think I’ve driven all of it from Eureka in the north to Santa Barbara. If you aggregate all my trips.

I’ve ridden Carmel Valley to San Simeon on a bike.

He's administering life support to the thread.

How's your weather down there? Are you getting rain too?

Oh! Silly me.

Yes we woke up to beautiful rain but it was sunny by noon. Supposed to get more Tuesday.

I finally got an electric toothbrush at the suggestion of my dental hygienist. I got an Oral B Vitality. It seems to work just fine. It has a two minute timer built in to it. Which is handy.

So the question of the day:
Electric or manual? Whad due ya think?

Speaking of teeth, tomorrow morning I am getting my #16 Wisdom extracted. I guess what it is, and where it is, it's not worth saving? Anywho I'll be down to 30 teeth after that. #1 went maybe 40 or so years ago.
Getting older seems to be high maintenance situation?
It's always something.

Speaking of teeth, tomorrow morning I am getting my #16 Wisdom extracted. I guess what it is, and where it is, it's not worth saving? Anywho I'll be down to 30 teeth after that. #1 went maybe 40 or so years ago.
Getting older seems to be high maintenance situation?
It's always something.

Oh. Ack!

I finally got an electric toothbrush at the suggestion of my dental hygienist. I got an Oral B Vitality. It seems to work just fine. It has a two minute timer built in to it. Which is handy.

So the question of the day:
Electric or manual? Whad due ya think?

I use one of these. I've used electric toothbrushes for the last 30 years. I lived with my best friend for a bit. He was going through dental school and insisted I get one even though we were both kinda broke.

6251971_rd.jpg

Year is winding down and I'm running out of ideas for culinary so today I'm doing a demonstration on how to spatchcock a chicken. Which means we're having roasted lemon chicken tonight for dinner. Mika likes the drum/thigh so I season that portion with salt. James like lemon flavored stuff so we split the wing/breast. He doesn't seem to mind not having salt. I tell him to add salt if he needs it and he never does.

Year is winding down and I'm running out of ideas for culinary so today I'm doing a demonstration on how to spatchcock a chicken. Which means we're having roasted lemon chicken tonight for dinner. Mika likes the drum/thigh so I season that portion with salt. James like lemon flavored stuff so we split the wing/breast. He doesn't seem to mind not having salt. I tell him to add salt if he needs it and he never does.

My newfound eating habits are starting to affect his eating. Last night we went out to this Chinese-ish sort of place and James usually crushes his crispy noodle plate but leaves a lot of the vegetables. Last night he at all the veggies and only half the noodles. "I'm going to eat more like Papa."

My newfound eating habits are starting to affect his eating. Last night we went out to this Chinese-ish sort of place and James usually crushes his crispy noodle plate but leaves a lot of the vegetables. Last night he at all the veggies and only half the noodles. "I'm going to eat more like Papa."

My kid is now wearing the same size shoe as me. Crazy! I haven't measured him in a while but he looks taller to me. I'm guessing he's 5'4" barefoot, maybe a bit taller. He's quite a bit taller than my grandmother and she used to be 5'4". She's 90 now so I don't think she's that tall any more.

Top Bottom