Page 2235 of 2338 FirstFirst ... 1235173521352185222522332234223522362237224522852335 ... LastLast
Results 22,341 to 22,350 of 23376

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Quote Originally Posted by PereBourik View Post
    Thanks for watching out for me Mailman.
    It's a full-time job, but somebody's got to do it....
    Things get better with age. I'm approaching magnificent....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele :: Mainland gloss mahogany concert

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

"Just a few ukulele hooligans getting wild and strummy...." - chindog

5:2576

Starting to look like no sleep, yet again.

The steroids are gone, now, as of dinner time, so maybe I'll be able to sleep tomorrow....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele :: Mainland gloss mahogany concert

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

Just crawled out of bed: wired, jumpy, soaked in sweat, and wide awake. Not the best way to start a night's sleep....

My daughter did some work on my devices for me today. She installed a free trial of xm radio on my truck and on my kindle. Now I can actually listen to some decent music to and from Tampa, and while cooped up in the hospital there.

She also showed me how to clean up my home page on my Kindle, which was really annoying me. I learned that some unwanted stuff can be removed by tapping and holding, until the option appears to remove altogether. Yay!

Other unneeded stuff there can be all dumped in a folder, effectively removing them from the desktop. They are still there, but highly compacted into the folder the size of one icon. Yay!!

Things are shaping up nicely, thank you.

The remaining icons, the ones I'll keep, have been rearranged into an order I prefer. I find that all I need to do is tap and hold, drag and drop to put each icon where I wanted it. Now I have all my icons on one page, with the ones I want to use the most concentrated at the top of the page.

It's a miracle, I tell ya....

Sarah goes home tomorrow, and I will really miss her. Even when we visit them at their house, it just isn't like this.

There, she is the ever-busy teacher, wife and mother of two teenagers, with seldom a moment to spare.

Here, she has no one to focus on but me, and I'm very selfishly loving every minute of it.

How I love her! She was the very first blood relative I had ever known. Now that she has kids of her own, there are three of them I can point to and know that my genes run through their bodies....

Please let the morning just come. Let me just get up again and start my daily routine once more. Please don't make me sit here in the dark, yet again, sitting and staring into the dark thinking about things I can't control.

I'll get up, really I will. Just don't make me sit here, rocking and staring into the dark....

Played some fun games with friends over the past two days. Screw your Neighbor, Farkle, Coda, and LCR.

We had a great time both nights. Now we know of some new games we want to go out and buy....

Screw your Neighbor, Farkle, and LCR would each be a hoot with a table full of players....maybe 10 to 12....

Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    Please let the morning just come. Let me just get up again and start my daily routine once more. Please don't make me sit here in the dark, yet again, sitting and staring into the dark thinking about things I can't control.

I'll get up, really I will. Just don't make me sit here, rocking and staring into the dark....
    Weíre here for you Don. I canít imagine how hard this must be.

I shall tell you about my day.

Mike and I started off the day with an appointment at our tax guy. The state of California has messed up and we have yet to see our state tax return. Hopefully that will get straightened out soon.
    After that we were off to a trip at Walmart to buy work boots for his new job. Picked out a pair of Brahms brand. They were listed for $84 but rang up $34. That was a win.
    Then we went to Norms. Thatís a chain restaurant out here. They serve large amounts of food for very reasonable prices, youíd love the place, lots of comfort food. I went off my diet and ordered chicken and waffles, it was served with sirracha syrup that was really good.
    Then we went to Lowes (are they nationwide? like Home Depot) and he picked out a tool backpack. When working of high rise buildings you donít want to have to transport a toolcase upstairs so a backpack built to hold tools works best.
    Then we were off to Savers. (Thatís a second hand store.) He wanted to find a lightweight but warm jacket for when heís on a windy roof. He totally scored finding a beautiful North Face jacket for $40. It looks brand new, no wear on the collar or cuffs, and it fit him perfectly. I looked it up when we got home and it retails for $150.
    After that we headed home. He played in his shop for hours packing his new backpack. Me and the dogs crashed on the couch and watched several episodes of a Scottish show Iíve been watching lately. Itís about a small village on an island and the cop that patrols it.
    Penny came over this evening to do laundry. I think Katie may join us to watch Saturday Night Live.
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    Screw your Neighbor, Farkle, and LCR would each be a hoot with a table full of players....maybe 10 to 12....
    I’ve not heard of any of those games.

One of my family’s favorite card games to play is called Skipbo. I learned about it from an old client back when I was doing home care with seniors.
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

Thread Information