::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Until last summer I never realized how much "empathy" he had.

When we were in Hawaii he was playing with the boy's of the family we were vacationing with. They have a six year old, eleven and thirteen year old boys. James spent quite a bit of time playing with the six year old which is nothing out of the ordinary because like I said, he always seems to take time to play/read/listen to them.

When we got back to our own room he said "I wish I got to play more with Jeremy and Tyler (the two older boys)". When I asked him why he didn't, he said "Brandon was starting to be a brat. He just wanted attention because we were doing things he can't so I played with him instead for a while so he wouldn't feel left out."

. . . wouldn't you spoil that too? :)

Yes. Yes I would.

Having a kid late(r) in life I'm always worried about grand parenting instead of parenting.

It's a fine line between spoiling and grand parenting.

so far so good, I always hear compliments about his manners and behavior when he's out with friends. Even if it's just an act at least he knows where and when to do it. :)

Parenting based on what other people think isn’t always necessary. We all want polite kids. Leading by example is your best bet.

Until last summer I never realized how much "empathy" he had.

When we were in Hawaii he was playing with the boy's of the family we were vacationing with. They have a six year old, eleven and thirteen year old boys. James spent quite a bit of time playing with the six year old which is nothing out of the ordinary because like I said, he always seems to take time to play/read/listen to them.

When we got back to our own room he said "I wish I got to play more with Jeremy and Tyler (the two older boys)". When I asked him why he didn't, he said "Brandon was starting to be a brat. He just wanted attention because we were doing things he can't so I played with him instead for a while so he wouldn't feel left out."

. . . wouldn't you spoil that too? :)
Nope. Being a good person is just a given.

But his didn’t?

Mine did adjust for DST. But Arizona is on Mountain Standard Time year round. So when it made the adjustment it assumed something that wasn’t correct.

Damon’s is just too far out of radio range to get the time updates. It’s pretty much continental US.

Most of this atomic clock business is superseded by Universal Coordinated Time (used to be Greenwich Mean Time). It synchronizes time across mobile phone systems, computer networks, and other systems. GPS fixes position based on the device’s time difference from the satellites it’s receiving using UCT. When it has a minimum of 3 satellites it pretty much knows where you are. The more satellites it compares to the more precise the location info can be.

Mobile phone “GPS” is not really GPS. It’s fixing location by triangulating from cell towers, each of which is in a known position. Draw straight lines from each of three and you know where you are. At least the device knows.

On FB I just watched a clip from Ellen where she has a 17 year old girl:

Re-fold a map.

Look up a business in a telephone book

Use a rotary phone

Hilarious.

On FB I just watched a clip from Ellen where she has a 17 year old girl:

Re-fold a map.

Look up a business in a telephone book

Use a rotary phone

Hilarious.

Top Bottom