::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Snow then freezing rain and now rain. It's a bit sloppy. Later this afternoon it's going to turn pretty cold until Monday or Tuesday. After that back to the 40s for a bit. Which ever way the wind blows I guess. It's is winter.

As for me, I’ve decided independent contractor life isn’t for me. Been on a ton of interviews lately to look for a new job. Accepted two part time positions. Giving up my mega corporation spa gig as well. That wasn’t the original plan, but I got a fantastic offer that was hard to pass up.

Last edited:
As for me, I’ve decided independent contractor life isn’t for me. Been on a ton of interviews lately to look for a new job. Accepted two part time positions. Giving up my mega corporation spa gig as well. That was the original plan, but I got a fantastic offer that was hard to pass up.

As of January California outlawed IC’s in our industry. You either have to be a taxed employee or rent a space. I think it will be better in the long run but boy are chiro’s and spas scrambling.

As for me I prefer private clients. Way better money.

Bonus, neither places require a weekend day. I’ll be able to see my private practice clients Thursday afternoons, every other Friday, and a Saturday or Sunday. I think it’s time I put more work into that.

Stephen, have a wonderful wedding. Enjoy it. Remember no one else matters today except your bride.

It’s 37*F

I don’t understand how some of you do this all winter?!

I’m having to wear hoodies under a rain shell because I don’t own an actual coat

As of January California outlawed IC’s in our industry. You either have to be a taxed employee or rent a space. I think it will be better in the long run but boy are chiro’s and spas scrambling.

As for me I prefer private clients. Way better money.

I like working as an employee. Most MT positions here are for employees. Chiro offices usually offer decent pay. It’s usually the spas who offer terrible pay and expect tips will make up the difference.

After my last job, I though I’d be an IC so I would have more control over my schedule. I liked that part, but there were definitely conditions which made the position more of a misclassified employee position. I do know therapists who love being an IC and make a good living doing it that way. Some places that are an IC situation here are run more as a co-op. Might consider something like that in the future. There just isn’t any clinics run that way close to me.

Thanks for the sandwich tip Sally.

There are really great Bahn Mi places by my house, but the problem is they also make much better stuff too and I order that instead of the sandwich.

I impulse buy at check out counters too.

Top Bottom