::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I have great kids again this year. They all cheered for her. When they settled down we talked about the importance of reading slowly to understand versus fast to just blow through homework. I give them 30-40 minutes of class time to read and discuss things they don't understand, clarify possible interpretations, and just work with each other as I walk around keeping them focused and on task.

With my health and energy back, I feel good about teaching again. I sucked the last few years and I'm a bit ashamed about that. By the time James gets here I should have my reputation restored. I haven't felt this good about my teaching in a long time. The biggest think I think the students get is that I care for them. Not just their grades, but them. And that's huge in getting them involved.

This is a smile post.

Gary, that’s wonderful you’ve found happiness in teaching again. Isn’t it amazing how our health can affect everything?

So after 6 months of job hunting, hubby was offered and accepted a position.

This last 6 months has been hell. Seriously scary.

Class last night was challenging.
Charting.
I can do all the math with no problem, but the actual physical act of plotting points and laying courses in the chart was difficult. My technique was lacking and I was struggling to get accurate results.

It was supposed to rain today, all day sunny and no rain, and now it just started dumping at 10:30pm.

Anyway tonight was much better, I went in to the classroom early and worked on my technique.
I redid the lesson from yesterday and got all the answers correct. And I got all the answers correct tonight on the much more difficult course correction questions relating to wind and current compensation.
It is just trigonometry.
I have the math down, so it was great to be fired up again with confidence.

And that makes 22,000!

Friday is our 13th wedding anniversary, so I dedicate this K to Nanilei!

Top Bottom