::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

That I might do.
Tell us the story.

Not much of a story. Reluctantly went hot air ballooning in Napa with the ex. It was boring. Coming back down I thought we were coming in a little fast and said so to the pilot. He assured me he was experienced and knew what he was doing. I grabbed the ex around the waist with one hand and grabbed a cross bar above my head with my other hand. We crashed. I swung us up and over and was able to hang on at impact so we just basically fell from about six feet. The pilot broke his arm and a couple ribs.

Good thing he knew what he was doing or might have gotten hurt much worse.

I agree, I'm not into anything that can potentially cripple me in an instant (except driving a car, I suppose).

I always think how amazing it is that we put our lives in the trust of thousands of other people to operate their vehicles safely while we're on the road.

I always think how amazing it is that we put our lives in the trust of thousands of other people to operate their vehicles safely while we're on the road.

I don't trust them. I don't trust any of them. But if I want to go from point A to B easily and on my own schedule and terms, I have to deal with the slippery bastards.

I think I would too. As long as I don’t get Gary’s pilot.

He got hurt because when it finally occurred to him that we were in fact going to crash he tried to jump out. On impact the propane tank broke loose and nailed him. I'm lucky my ex only weighed about 95lbs.

The views were pretty but we were in Napa and you're basically seeing vineyard after vineyard and a golf course or two. I got excited about the golf courses but it got old fast.

Pretty sure I posted about my ride before. Pilot was really good, in fact he landed softly right in the back of the chase truck.
It was in Carlsbad at sunset, really beautiful day.
I thought it would be boring but I really enjoyed it a lot, the stillness of the air since you move with the wind, the changes in altitude, the slow rotation, the FIRE!
Right at sunset the pilot went really low over a lake and hit full burner and lit up the whole balloon, and the reflection in the lake was awesome.
I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Oh the other fun thing that happened was there was a guy, a friend of the pilot, who was sitting on the rail of the basket the whole time.
We were all telling him to get inside, he was making us nervous, but he kept saying he was fine.
At one point he said, "well, I really hate balloon landings so I'm outta here!" And just fell back and out of the basket, like a scuba diver leaving a zodiac boat.
Since we never saw his back we never noticed he was wearing a parachute!

Top Bottom