::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Guten tag. It's been raining like a mofo all morning. Spouse brought home our flooring order, so we may try to figure out how that all works this weekend, but you're supposed to let the stuff acclimate for a few days before you install it.

It's vinyl planks, which I believe click and lock together. It's made to look like oak, in kind of a gray/white color scheme. Pretty nice and light, which is good, as there's no natural light in our middle drag.

I bought a thousand square feet of the same stuff. Was it Pere who said he didn't buy a house because of too many flooring changes? So this will be the entire center third of the house... porch, kitchen, dining room, office, sunroom, and the hallway to the bedrooms. We still have to buy the vapor barrier, and for the office, self leveling concrete and *perhaps* underlayment, as the floor in there is hella uneven.

Sounds like a major project! I've never done too much with flooring. I re-did a kitchen floor with self-stick vinyl tiles, once, but that's my only flooring work....

I've been working on the garage shelving, as planned for today. I was tired before I even started, as I've been having trouble sleeping, lately. I might have gotten about 4 hours of sleep last night, and I usually need 8 to 10.

Now I'm all sweaty, and even more tired. I'd better get a quick shower while Elaine's at church, because we're going out to eat....

Guten tag. It's been raining like a mofo all morning. Spouse brought home our flooring order, so we may try to figure out how that all works this weekend, but you're supposed to let the stuff acclimate for a few days before you install it.

It's vinyl planks, which I believe click and lock together. It's made to look like oak, in kind of a gray/white color scheme. Pretty nice and light, which is good, as there's no natural light in our middle drag.

I bought a thousand square feet of the same stuff. Was it Pere who said he didn't buy a house because of too many flooring changes? So this will be the entire center third of the house... porch, kitchen, dining room, office, sunroom, and the hallway to the bedrooms. We still have to buy the vapor barrier, and for the office, self leveling concrete and *perhaps* underlayment, as the floor in there is hella uneven.

Yep. We saw one place that had 9 different kinds of floor in it. Each one was the flavor of the month, separated by years. None of it went together.

Sounds like a major project! I've never done too much with flooring. I re-did a kitchen floor with self-stick vinyl tiles, once, but that's my only flooring work....

These floating floors are so easy. I did two or three rooms with the help of my then-ten year old in a weekend.

Personally I enjoy tile, but it isn't popular with buyers.

Yep. We saw one place that had 9 different kinds of floor in it. Each one was the flavor of the month, separated by years. None of it went together.

I have a bathroom with dark wood plank tile, two rooms with tan carpet, and two rooms with gray carpet. I may have the tan carpet changed out at some near future point, just for consistency. I'll leave the dark wood alone, since it goes nicely with the marble shower tile.

I've been working on the garage shelving, as planned for today. I was tired before I even started, as I've been having trouble sleeping, lately. I might have gotten about 4 hours of sleep last night, and I usually need 8 to 10.

Now I'm all sweaty, and even more tired. I'd better get a quick shower while Elaine's at church, because we're going out to eat....

I moved a 300+ lb kiln today. Onto the 40in high work bench.

Top Bottom