::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Ha, I think we have got you beat. We've got one that is about 10 years old, we only use it when we go to Uke Festivals. It's so old I don't think anyone would even steal it at this point.

I have one about that old. It’s limping along, but I don’t expect it to survive much longer. I’m finally replacing it.

Man, I am just molasses today.
88 minutes from bed to TheBus stop. Normally it's less than half that, even if I am not rushing.

The Google applications for word processing and spreadsheet stuff are actually pretty good. I did my first two years of graduate school on a Chromebook exclusively - even 30 page papers were no problem using Google Docs.

I copied over about eight spreadsheets this morning. Using G Docs for a back up. I'm using it more and more.
That's why I thought the Chromebook might work out fine. I use Chrome on this Windows laptop.
Walmart has a New Acer Chromebook with a 15.6 screen for $149.99. I've seen refurbed a little cheaper. I don't think it worth the savings, although I've had good luck with refurbed devises.

According to the app, TheBus is about 16 minutes late.
Hee hee turns out I had another few minutes to lolligag if I wanted to! :D

I have a laptop that cost $2500 in 2007. The Acer Ferrari 4005, with a carbon fiber lid.
It is one of the first consumer 64-bit laptops.
It is super slow now, and I cannot upgrade the RAM beyond 2Gb.
I know it is pretty much unusable but I can't toss it.

I copied over about eight spreadsheets this morning. Using G Docs for a back up. I'm using it more and more.
That's why I thought the Chromebook might work out fine. I use Chrome on this Windows laptop.
Walmart has a New Acer Chromebook with a 15.6 screen for $149.99. I've seen refurbed a little cheaper. I don't think it worth the savings, although I've had good luck with refurbed devises.

I'm typing on my Acer laptop that's limping along. I finally pulled the battery and plugged the computer in, and I'm running that way. I found a battery on Amazon for $20 new I'll try that and see. If not I blew $20 to see if I can get some more time out of it. I actually really like the machine.

I just have this paranoia that Google would track every keystroke I put into a Chromebook. They're already data-mining the crap out of us.

I just have this paranoia that Google would track every keystroke I put into a Chromebook. They're already data-mining the crap out of us.

If you have a smart phone and have used G Maps they know everywhere you go, when the phone is on and with you.

Google docs and cloud storage are things I've heard of, but know nothing about. Maybe my chromebook is more capable than I thought....

Last edited:
My day has been made.

I was walking to my class and talking to a couple of old students when another kid I don't know abruptly walked up and blurted "WHO ARE YOU?!"

Me: No one of consequence. ::kept walking::

My day has been made.

I was walking to my class and talking to a couple of old students when another kid I don't know abruptly walked up and blurted "WHO ARE YOU?!"

Me: No one of consequence. ::kept walking::

That's a great response - unless you're making it to Sukie.

:STARE:

I was pitched a job offer. It’s more in line with the type of work I want to do. I’d have the opportunity work along side some amazing therapist, and I’d learn a lot in the process. However I’d lose the stability of a guaranteed minimum hours at my commission rate until I build up clientele. That last part is the only thing keeping me at my current job.

Last edited:
TKO is riding around with his bicycle hooligan buddies for a week. They’re mostly camping, so they’re hauling all their gear. His friend from high school, Aaron, is riding his tall bike on the trip. There is something not right with that man.

In case you’re asking yourself what a tallbike is:

19DB8406-697B-46EA-9DC6-59674B89C82D.jpg

I’m fairly certain that's Aaron’s tall bike in the picture, though neither of those guys are Aaron. It came up in a google image search for tallbike Seattle.

Dinner is in the oven. Sliced and grilled zucchini, yellow squash, and eggplant wrapped around ground meat and cheese mixture with marinara. Sort of a low carb GF cannelloni.

Top Bottom