::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Just got tickets for 10:00am tomorrow.

Recliner seats. food/Bar service. Just right of center first row from the middle walk way. Someone must have cancelled their tickets as I was logging on.

Yay!

Last edited:
How to jump start a car.

How to write a letter (a real physical letter). My art teacher made us do this in high school and most of the kids had never sent a letter, he called us "letter virgins". We could pick who ever we wanted to send it to.

How to turn off the electricity and water in a house.

How to be polite and considerate.

How to do banking (deposits, signing checks, the difference between savings and checking)

Thanks Mike!

And, the world would be such a better place if everyone understood and followed the Golden Rule, as elementary as that may seem....

Gary, I would add telephone etiquette. Kids don't know how to actually speak on a phone, anymore....

I just added:
purchasing a car
leasing an apartment
applying for a loan

Mike's suggestion about manners I'm going to employ, demand really, every day as part of the class expectations.

Hopefully it will become normal for them.

I just added:
purchasing a car
leasing an apartment
applying for a loan

Mike's suggestion about manners I'm going to employ, demand really, every day as part of the class expectations.

Hopefully it will become normal for them.

My updated list:

⎫ How to sew a button
⎫ How to repair a tear
⎫ How to change a tire?
⎫ How to jump start a car.
⎫ How to navigate banking
o How to balance a checkbook
o Deposits/Withdrawls
o Difference between savings and checking
♣ Interest rates
o Establishing credit
o Applying for a loan
⎫ How to create a budget
o Groceries
♣ How to cost a meal
o Rent
o Auto
o Utilities
o Misc. expenses
o
⎫ How to write an email
⎫ How to write a cover letter
⎫ Resume writing
⎫ Dressing for interviews
⎫ How to interview
⎫ How to write a letter.
⎫ How to turn off electricity and water in a house
⎫ How to be polite and considerate
⎫ How to rent a residence/apartment
o deposits
o contracts
o misc. fees

Today's "Official" high temperature is supposed to be 100° at Phoenix Airport. They say that's about 2 weeks early. We'll only hit 96° or so on our patio.

Landscapers have brought in a jack hammer to break up the caliche soil. Mrs Pere's project is out of control.

Great idea Gary. That's plenty of curriculum stuff right there.

It goes against my better judgement of what should be taught in the home and what is a teacher's responsibility but I'll take up the slack for parents that aren't "parenting" for whatever reasons.

Still bugs me though.

I listen to a "Jawaiian" Pandora channel while my kids are cooking.

It's amazing how distinctive Troy Fernandez uke playing is. Same with Keali'i Reichel's voice.

On FB someone suggested "how to use a phonebook" and the next response was "what's a phone book?"

My updated list:

⎫ How to sew a button
⎫ How to repair a tear
⎫ How to change a tire?
⎫ How to jump start a car.
⎫ How to navigate
SNIP

I've long thought that this the sort of course would be beneficial - almost a modern day finishing school approach -
May I suggest:

How to Iron a shirt....

How to set a table (Properly!)

How to order wine

How to take a compliment

How to write (you know - pen and paper) a thank you note....

The list is endless :D

I don't care and I get it. But high school boys are stupid.

I didn’t realize your post was in reaction to something they had done. I thought you were reacting to it.

All the more reason to shove it in their face and ignore them. It’s time all males learn to deal with it.

For my foods 1 class next year I'm going to incorporate "Adulting" (that's for Sukie in case she's lurking) Mondays. I need some ideas for things that should be taught at home but now school's are taking the blame for. Here's a partial list I made during a meeting this morning.

⎫ How to sew a button
⎫ How to repair a tear
⎫ How to change a tire?
⎫ How to balance a checkbook
⎫ How to create a budget
o How to cost a meal
o Rent
o Auto
o Utilities
o Misc. expenses
o
⎫ How to write an email
⎫ How to write a cover letter
⎫ Resume writing
⎫ Dressing for interviews
⎫ How to interview

Dump the checkbook balancing, that’s not necessary anymore.

How to boil the perfect egg.

How to shake someone’s hand and look them in the face and properly introduce yourself.

How to count back change.

Top Bottom