::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Honey Crisp or Fuji Apples?

I just had my first honey crisp. Delightful combination of tart and sweet, probably amazing with a tiny bit of salt but that's not an option anymore. Super crunchy. The skin wasn't too thick nor sour/bitter. I liked it.

But I think if I had to choose, I would stick with Fuji.

Honey Crisps. Don told me about them years ago but up until the last few years you couldn’t find them in so cal. Now it’s all I buy.

Nothing is new.

Oh?

Dead sister story... Chapter 3.

So, when last I left off I told you my brother was in town with the ashes. He wanted to have the ashes buried with our mother and father. He went over to my aunt and uncle’s apt. to get written permission to have it done. Woulda cost $695 to bury her under my mother’s headstone. My aunt and uncle demurred on assisting with the cost. I think we are caught up.

Yesterday my aunt called to tell me my brother decided not to spend money so he put the ashes underneath the flower urn we have at the cemetery. My aunt and uncle are quite upset. This evening Paul and I are meeting at the cemetery to go get the ashes. The closer we get to the time, the more creeped out I’m feeling. How the hell am I ending up with my sister’s ashes? I’m not sure what the short-term plan will be. Keep her in the garage? A closet? The basement furnace room? I think long term I will sprinkle some in places we knew as kids. And...do I tell my brother we have removed them? It’d be funny if he didn’t know and he went to check on them when he is in town next time.

Oh?

Dead sister story... Chapter 3.

So, when last I left off I told you my brother was in town with the ashes. He wanted to have the ashes buried with our mother and father. He went over to my aunt and uncle’s apt. to get written permission to have it done. Woulda cost $695 to bury her under my mother’s headstone. My aunt and uncle demurred on assisting with the cost. I think we are caught up.

Yesterday my aunt called to tell me my brother decided not to spend money so he put the ashes underneath the flower urn we have at the cemetery. My aunt and uncle are quite upset. This evening Paul and I are meeting at the cemetery to go get the ashes. The closer we get to the time, the more creeped out I’m feeling. How the hell am I ending up with my sister’s ashes? I’m not sure what the short-term plan will be. Keep her in the garage? A closet? The basement furnace room? I think long term I will sprinkle some in places we knew as kids. And...do I tell my brother we have removed them? It’d be funny if he didn’t know and he went to check on them when he is in town next time.

I don't know what to say to this.

Currently saying a little thanks for my nice, boring, drama free family.

Last week we went out to dinner and there was a couple eating at the counter with a glass container of ashes with a picture on it. I'm guessing it was someone close that they wanted to share a dinner with but it was kind of awkward to see it and then realize that it was a container of someone's remains next to their dinner.

Honey Crisp or Fuji Apples?

I just had my first honey crisp. Delightful combination of tart and sweet, probably amazing with a tiny bit of salt but that's not an option anymore. Super crunchy. The skin wasn't too thick nor sour/bitter. I liked it.

But I think if I had to choose, I would stick with Fuji.

Honey crisp, crimson crisp are good too

Hey Ken - I ran my third batch of beer through my machine yesterday evening - a pilsner this time (a birthday gift from my BIL's family). I love this machine! I've been drinking Rogue Dead Guy that I brewed myself lately. Not a perfect match to the beer from the brewery, but still pretty tasty!

Hey Ken - I ran my third batch of beer through my machine yesterday evening - a pilsner this time (a birthday gift from my BIL's family). I love this machine! I've been drinking Rogue Dead Guy that I brewed myself lately. Not a perfect match to the beer from the brewery, but still pretty tasty!

Sounds like a great gift for you!!

I used to drink every night when I made sushi. EVERY night. For +10 years.

Now I have probably four beers a year. And one of Ross' mai tai's at Canoe Hut.

Sounds like a great gift for you!!

I used to drink every night when I made sushi. EVERY night. For +10 years.

Now I have probably four beers a year. And one of Ross' mai tai's at Canoe Hut.

I miss beer.

I miss Scotch even more.

I still want to do a tour of Scotland's golf courses, distilleries and castles.

Nice. Glad it's going good and you're enjoying the beers.

Top Bottom