::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I'm at McD's having lunch (imagine that!), and have discovered that the men's room is under construction, and is closed.

Ummmm.....This could be a problem....

This means I'm going to have to go in to work early, just to use the men's room. I know I'll be expected to start working early, and I also know I won't get paid for it....

I think the current color looks great on you! I can understand wanting to grow it out to see the natural color, though. Many times a person's natural grey doesn't look so swell, but sometimes it does. You never know until you try....

My sister has grown hers out. It’s dark gray with streaks of light gray and her original brown. A friend of hers told her it looked like old wood. She laughed. I said I thought barn wood was beautiful. I’m hoping mine is like hers.

Gary, it certainly sounds like he was a very special friend. It sucks to have to lose someone special, especially at such a young age. Cherish your memories of him, and he'll be alive as long as you are.

I was just kidding about you spoiling James. Yes, you spoil him in some ways, but you do all of the important stuff, too. And, after all, your vindication is in the young man you are raising. He sounds like a great kid, and much of that is to his parents' credit....

Oh no. He's spoiled. But he still doesn't act like it and hopefully never will. For me, he knows right from wrong and he's always had a very empathetic heart. I don't think you can really teach empathy. We talk a lot. the only thing I know he's kept from me is at his first dance. I asked him how it was and he just answered "ok, it was fun. I got to hang out with my friends."

From his cousin's whom he goes to school with I learned that he was the life of the party. He danced all night and even crowd surfed. Apparently, according to his cousin Olivia, he is quite popular with the girl's as well. She thinks some of the girls hanging around her are doing so because James is her cousin (my cousin's kids actually).

I'm at McD's having lunch (imagine that!), and have discovered that the men's room is under construction, and is closed.

Ummmm.....This could be a problem....

What do you eat there?

I think the only thing I could have with my dietary restrictions is water, diet soda and salad if I don't use their dressing.

Actually, the spoiled one is sporting a hand me down iPhone X

Mika was going to give her a brand new XS max but I wouldn't let her and she already bought it. So now she has the max and James has her "old" X.

But to give you a clue as to why I say he doesn't act spoiled. Most kids his age would be showing it off. He has electrical tape covering the camera and only takes it off if he's taking a picture. He doesn't want other kids, or their parents to know he has a X.

One kid even saw it at school basketball and he told them it was mine and he was using it to text his mom when he was done.

Does RLK have a candidate for wife presumptive, or is this future plans? Please do be sure to share pictures when it happens.

Oh yeah. She's "NameMyWife" and she's wonderful. He's known her from church and high school. They get together whenever she's nearby. We all went to hockey together when we were back in Kansas. She has a sweet and generous spirit.

He has a rich fantasy life.

I spoil James with attention and doing things for him mostly and he probably has more stuff than kids his age but my buddy would have bought him everything he doesn't have.

He owned a sushi bar/Japanese restaurant and pretty much worked himself to death.

I would go in after teaching and kick him out of his own restaurant a couple days a week so he would take time off. I was the only one he trusted to treat his customers like he would. I wouldn't take any money so he would give me things every once in a while. Like a really, nice putter for golf that I would never spend that kind of money on. A sushi knife that cost like $3000.00 twenty years ago (it's still in it's box; never used). My favorite sushi knife that also never sees any use is the one he used at the restaurant. His parents gave it to me when he passed away. I had it mounted and framed with a pic of him using it.

It really sucks that he passed away so young.

Saw something yesterday. In Mexico they speak of 3 deaths:
The first is when you become aware you will eventually die.
The second is when you die.
The third is when your name is spoken for the last time.

I started feeding the birds again this week. It's enjoyable. Yesterday I was standing next to the feeder and a downy woodpecker lands on it about 2 feet away from me. He was so focused on sunflower seeds he didn't notice me at first.

My hummingbirds are year round. I now have 6 feeders hung around my house. Even with that many feeders they still battle over them. They are very entertaining.

I have lots of house sparrows and finches I feed. This year a pair of doves have been hanging around. Last spring one day I watched them visit 4 of my hanging plants looking for a nesting site. I got all excited and quickly built a nesting box and hung it over my garage door. They didn’t move in but I’m hoping next spring they do.

Al Pachino said this in a movie once, “you die twice; on the day your heart stops beating and again when the last person you knew speaks your name for the last time.” That line REALLY got to me.

I like that.

It took me a few seconds to comprehend that. Reminds me of Hamlet when he tells Laertes not to fall on his sword for him.

My hummingbirds are year round. I now have 6 feeders hung around my house. Even with that many feeders they still battle over them. They are very entertaining.

I have lots of house sparrows and finches I feed. This year a pair of doves have been hanging around. Last spring one day I watched them visit 4 of my hanging plants looking for a nesting site. I got all excited and quickly built a nesting box and hung it over my garage door. They didn’t move in but I’m hoping next spring they do.

You don't get any scrub jays bullying all the other birds away?

Al Pachino said this in a movie once, “you die twice; on the day your heart stops beating and again when the last person you knew speaks your name for the last time.” That line REALLY got to me.

Have you seen Coco? The final death is when you are finally forgotten on earth.

You don't get any scrub jays bullying all the other birds away?

Morning before last we heard a massive shouting match between a bunch of crows and a bunch of Steller's jays. Right outside our bedroom window, apparently. It was kind of fun to listen to them argue.

You only see those out in the desert here. In the local mountains you find the Stellar Jay. Those are my fav.

We have both here. Used to be scrub jays only when I was a kid, but now we see Steller's jays, too. I love them. I remember standing on the back deck of my great aunt and uncle's cabin in Wrightwood throwing peanuts out into the back - it was a race to see if the Steller's jays or the squirrels would get to each peanut first. I can still remember my great uncle laughing every time...great fun.

What do you eat there?

I think the only thing I could have with my dietary restrictions is water, diet soda and salad if I don't use their dressing.

Since returning from Florida, I've been bad about McD's lunches. :(

I had been doing the Southwest salad every day, but somehow I back-slid to a McDouble, small fries, and a large Diet Coke.

The salads there can be sketchy, depending on who puts them together. If you get one that's assembled as intended, they're fine. Get one from a lousy employee, and not so much....

We have both here. Used to be scrub jays only when I was a kid, but now we see Steller's jays, too. I love them. I remember standing on the back deck of my great aunt and uncle's cabin in Wrightwood throwing peanuts out into the back - it was a race to see if the Steller's jays or the squirrels would get to each peanut first. I can still remember my great uncle laughing every time...great fun.

Stellar jays are so much more aggressive than blue jays. I was told in my area we only have Stellar jays and scrub jays.

Top Bottom