::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

6BCq5Oz.jpg

What a gorgeous drive. I’m so glad you got to visit with your mom and brother.

And you know my house is always open😅😂🤣

When I was in high school a couple friends talked me into going surfing at night. I wasn't even a decent surfer and one of them was sponsored by O'Neil. Anyhow, I was out basically swimming with a board strapped to my ankle when a big dark shadow swam below me (full moon; that's why we were out at night). I was pretty sure I was going to die. It circled below me a couple times and I was trying to gather up the courage to try to poke it somehow.

Stupid seal popped it's head up a couple feet away. Checked me out and then swam away. Pretty much soiled my wetsuit.

When The kids were in Junior Guards Katie’s best friend had a seal jump on her board while she was riding it. In her effort to stay upright she push the seal and it bit her. It was terrifying but hilarious and to this day when I see her I tease her about her attack seal.

Your car has a theme?

All our cars end up with "themes" for their stickers and such. The last truck was geeked out - Tardis on the back, "I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good" on my husband's door, "I aim to misbehave" on mine, a D20 on one kids and another Tardis on the other.

There's a place out here that people scuba in. About 30 ft deep, natural springs that CCC built a pool around. I did a night dive once. My dive buddy and I surfaced, and suddenly...whoosh. We split apart very quickly. We'd surfaced with a snake between us.

My parents were up on the surface, walking around and watching. They said it was like the parting of the Red Sea.

Same place has quite a few turtles.

Divers would regularly take down canned meat to lure them out. (I think they've banned any food in the pool now)

A friend of ours was good at getting them to come sit on her hand.

An idiot decided to dive down and hit the turtle sitting on her hand. Her husband grabbed the idiot, and held him down just long enough for him to start to panic. For some strange reason, the idiot chose not to dive down again...

I miss scuba diving. With the way my health has been and the way hubby's ears are, it's going to be very difficult if I want to get back into it.

I miss scuba diving. With the way my health has been and the way hubby's ears are, it's going to be very difficult if I want to get back into it.

I've only scuba'd in Jamaica. Took a resort class. It was pretty much a 90 minute lecture on all the ways you could die, a swim test and then a lesson in the pool before they took you out in the ocean.

I've only scuba'd in Jamaica. Took a resort class. It was pretty much a 90 minute lecture on all the ways you could die, a swim test and then a lesson in the pool before they took you out in the ocean.

What could go wrong?

Same place has quite a few turtles.

Divers would regularly take down canned meat to lure them out. (I think they've banned any food in the pool now)

A friend of ours was good at getting them to come sit on her hand.

An idiot decided to dive down and hit the turtle sitting on her hand. Her husband grabbed the idiot, and held him down just long enough for him to start to panic. For some strange reason, the idiot chose not to dive down again...

I'm guessing little box turtles or sliders? No way you'd want to do that with snappers, I imagine.

I love Scuba diving.
I got certified on my 18th birthday on Maui.
I have done more dives in Hawaii than in California.

Catalina is still some of my favourite diving, as is Scripps oceanography area in La Jolla.

Looking forward to doing the WWII fighter plane dive now that I live on Oahu.

I love Scuba diving.
I got certified on my 18th birthday on Maui.
I have done more dives in Hawaii than in California.

Catalina is still some of my favourite diving, as is Scripps oceanography area in La Jolla.

Looking forward to doing the WWII fighter plane dive now that I live on Oahu.

Isn't Monterey Bay supposed to be really good too. I know it's an underwater canyon.

We specifically did not do something like that. I was 13 or so at the time, and Mom had me call every single place in the area that did dive lessons. Some of them were just like, "Yeah, you watch a couple of videos, get in the pool a few times, and do a certification dive." Uh...no thanks. We went with the place that wasn't training us to just be divers, but to be somebody he'd be comfortable with as his dive buddy.

We specifically did not do something like that. I was 13 or so at the time, and Mom had me call every single place in the area that did dive lessons. Some of them were just like, "Yeah, you watch a couple of videos, get in the pool a few times, and do a certification dive." Uh...no thanks. We went with the place that wasn't training us to just be divers, but to be somebody he'd be comfortable with as his dive buddy.

I got certified and thoroughly indoctrinated in the buddy system. Then went on a pretty fancy dive trip with my FIL. He and the others on the trip were there for the photography; screw the dive buddy.

Great opportunity and adventure, but not a great way to dive.

It got up to 115° yesterday and may do so again today. Given modern conveniences like AC in home and car, and a pool it's not bad. But to be poor and not have access to such conveniences, or to work outside all day would be a real trial.

The TV weatherpeople keep teasing us with the Monsoon. Looking forward to thunderstorms. We've been almost 2 months with no rain. Guess that's why we call it the desert.

It got up to 115° yesterday and may do so again today. Given modern conveniences like AC in home and car, and a pool it's not bad. But to be poor and not have access to such conveniences, or to work outside all day would be a real trial.

The TV weatherpeople keep teasing us with the Monsoon. Looking forward to thunderstorms. We've been almost 2 months with no rain. Guess that's why we call it the desert.

Your air is blowing up our way. Only 90 today, but going up to close to 100 in the next few days.
This morning it was foggy, so it's going to be humid also. They are saying that next Tuesday it's going to be comfortable again. I hope so.

Top Bottom