::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

It hit 87 degrees here today. On the 10th of December! This NY boy isn't used to this.

Not complaining, mind you, just not used to it....

Hee hee, I know what you mean! :D
Except that it never really got THAT cold where I grew up, but surely colder than where I live now.

So sleepy.

Last night I woke up at 2:49 for no reason at all and couldn't get back to sleep.

Huge bummer.

So weird. So last night I knew I had to go to a meeting and be there at 8am.
The only thing is, I did not know what location the meeting was going to be at (The client has two work locations).
One of the locations I can walk to from my office.
The other location is a bit farther away, easily reachable by staying on TheSameBus I ride to work a few more stops.
So last night I emailed the guy to confirm the location and he never replied.
No worries, I thought, I'll just get on TheBus that will take me to the further location by 8am and it won't really matter, I can just email him in the morning if necessary.
I set my alarm, went to bed.
I woke up before the alarm, knew I had time, snoozed a bit, then got up and started my day.
As I was riding TheBus, I began to realize that I was never going to make the meeting on time. And not because TheBus was late, or traffic (even though both were true).
I had basically been TWO entire cycles off - I needed to leave the house a full hour earlier to make it on time.

Oops.

So by some miracle I made it to the client less than an hour late for the meeting.
Did I blame TheBus? You bet! :D

So weird. So last night I knew I had to go to a meeting and be there at 8am.
The only thing is, I did not know what location the meeting was going to be at (The client has two work locations).
One of the locations I can walk to from my office.
The other location is a bit farther away, easily reachable by staying on TheSameBus I ride to work a few more stops.
So last night I emailed the guy to confirm the location and he never replied.
No worries, I thought, I'll just get on TheBus that will take me to the further location by 8am and it won't really matter, I can just email him in the morning if necessary.
I set my alarm, went to bed.
I woke up before the alarm, knew I had time, snoozed a bit, then got up and started my day.
As I was riding TheBus, I began to realize that I was never going to make the meeting on time. And not because TheBus was late, or traffic (even though both were true).
I had basically been TWO entire cycles off - I needed to leave the house a full hour earlier to make it on time.

Oops.

So by some miracle I made it to the client less than an hour late for the meeting.
Did I blame TheBus? You bet! :D

Blame it on the Bossa Nova.

I got questionnaire for the federal court jury duty in Hammond Indiana the other day. It's online if you have that. While going through it I see near the end, excuses for being excused. 70 years old? I check that and add a note in the dialog box that I will be 70 in January. We'll see how that goes. I don't feel safe being in that area. But I'll have to see what they say.

Last edited:
This year I was contacted by the county court for jury duty. But I was not needed, or I was excused before the date to appear.

I got questionnaire for the federal court jury duty in Hammond Indiana the other day. It's online if you have that. While going through it I see near the end, excuses for being excused. 70 years old? I check that and add a note in the dialog box that I will be 70 in January. We'll see how that goes. I don't feel safe being in that area. But I'll have to see what they say.

My senior pastor (and supervisor for my internship) was called for county grand jury. She has to report two days a week. Being gone two days a week through Advent is really complicated for someone in her profession. The DA is arranging for her to be excused on Christmas Eve since she has four services to lead that evening.

This year I was contacted by the county court for jury duty. But I was not needed, or I was excused before the date to appear.

When I did a stint on grand jury I learned more about civics than I ever did in school.

When I did a stint on grand jury I learned more about civics than I ever did in school.

I got dismissed from a jury because it was a rape/murder trial and the victim was a foreign exchange student from Japan.

(Pretty sure I told this story once or twice)

Top Bottom