::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

It really is the coolest uke. Mine is the limited run amethyst, too - the last one they had, which makes it even more amazing.

Keep it. If for no reason but taking it to the beach, it’s worth owning.

I'm debating putting the tenor Outdoor Ukulele up for sale as well. I love the thing, but I still really just play my Donaldson. That thing was made so exactly to my specifications and just feels so right in my hands that playing any other feels like a betrayal.
I’ll buy it.

I played a couple of my Ukes today for the first time since UWC. I’m trying to enjoy it again. I’m so damn self critical I’ve been avoiding just playing for my own pleasure, that’s been going on for a couple years now. I’ve got some sort of wall up and I need to tear it down and just play for fun again.

I believe an offer has been made, with a counter (I’ll pay shipping), and I’m awaiting acceptance.

Speaking of offers...
The kids are, as I type, making an offer on a house. It’s unofficially on the market. (Not MLS listed). It sounds excellent. With lots of space. And storage!!! And a good price. Fingers are crossed!

Speaking of offers...
The kids are, as I type, making an offer on a house. It’s unofficially on the market. (Not MLS listed). It sounds excellent. With lots of space. And storage!!! And a good price. Fingers are crossed!

It's somewhere other than your house, so it must be perfect! A box under the bridge would be perfect if the cohabitation-with-parents thing went on very long...

GARY!
Are you going to be on Oahu still on Friday July 27th?
Some of the Canoe Hut musicians are playing a big house party in Kapolei, $25

Père, I feel your pain.

Yesterday as I was approaching the car in the parking structure, I fumbled with the keys / parking validation and my cell phone slipped and hit the concrete just right.
Gorilla Glass my ass, screen shattered, completely unusable.

Did I mention I got my phone as a promotion, where they charge you $17/month for two years, then give you a bill credit for $17/month, so the phone is effectively free? Well I have six months to go. So if I want a new one, I have to cough up $119, and THEN buy a new phone.

No problem, I will just re-activate my old phone.
Sure, the battery dies every couple of hours, but I can just leave it charging all the time.
I charged it up last night, moved the SIM card, got Verizon to activate it, all was OK.

This morning the case back split open on the right side - swollen battery.

Crap.

I may be able to get a new battery on the internet and swap it out myself, that may get me through the next five months.

Sucks.

My Moto Z was the first phone that, while a bit larger and heavier than I originally wanted, that gorgeous screen and the amazing battery life made up for it. Super bummed.

Hopefully whatever the new flavor is will have a Black Friday deal I can take advantage of in November when the payment plan ends for the busted one.

Oh I looked online - new battery for my Moto X - $13
New screen for my Moto Z - $120.
I think I'll got with $13 for now, and see what happens in November.

So I got to Lana`i about 10:00am today.
I got to drive myself to the office from the airport - in a brand new Chevy Bolt.
I had heard they were quick - and I had no one riding with me today, so I punched it when I got on the main road.

Hoooooooooo boy!
Feels about as quick as my Mustang GT, maybe a bit quicker.
Not quite lose-your-stomach acceleration, but very quick.
Just quiet thrust. I would say 0-60 in about six seconds.
What was really impressive is the 30-60 time was great.
It is front-wheel drive, and you could hear/feel it struggle for traction a bit, but it does not smoke the tires like my Mustang does (if you want it to). I am sure it is loaded with electronic nannies to prevent that from happening. Fun car though, I would totally buy one, they look kind of like a Honda Fit - not weird like the Nissan Leaf (though I must admit the new Leaf looks less weird) and they go 200+ miles on a charge (unless you are testing the 0-60 times all day I imagine).

To close out the mini I will just say that my phone, which was fully charged at 6:40am when I left the house, shut down in the parking lot on Lana'i when I tried to snap a picture of the Bolt at 10:00am.
I wanted to do a video of the acceleration too, but my phone said NO.

So they said flight to Oahu delayed about an hour, do I want to go to airport now (about 30 mins early) or later?
I said I'll go now, I might get on the earlier (delayed) flight.
We come down, no, not delayed, on time, and earlier flight left 20 mins early.
Whatever.
I'm just relaxing before Nanilei and I go to planet fitness later.

So I got to Lana`i about 10:00am today.
I got to drive myself to the office from the airport - in a brand new Chevy Bolt.
I had heard they were quick - and I had no one riding with me today, so I punched it when I got on the main road.

Hoooooooooo boy!
Feels about as quick as my Mustang GT, maybe a bit quicker.
Not quite lose-your-stomach acceleration, but very quick.
Just quiet thrust. I would say 0-60 in about six seconds.
What was really impressive is the 30-60 time was great.
It is front-wheel drive, and you could hear/feel it struggle for traction a bit, but it does not smoke the tires like my Mustang does (if you want it to). I am sure it is loaded with electronic nannies to prevent that from happening. Fun car though, I would totally buy one, they look kind of like a Honda Fit - not weird like the Nissan Leaf (though I must admit the new Leaf looks less weird) and they go 200+ miles on a charge (unless you are testing the 0-60 times all day I imagine).

Chevy Volt I assume? The neighbor across the street said the Teslas accelerate very quickly. He is a mechanic he came to his house in a Ferrari. He said the car was very fast, but the Tesla was every bit as fast to a certain speed. He changed the trans in the Ferrari. Of course when he showed up I had to go over and see it. I don't know much about them. I think it was a Spyder or something. Mid engine two passenger roadster.

Top Bottom