::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

A friend of mine from juggling club has contracted West Nile virus. He is VERY seriously ill. At first they thought it was going to kill him!

Now they are cautiously optimistic that he'll survive, but they can't say how much neurological damage will be permanent. He has general weakness, is very unsteady on his feet, and has major muscle tremors. This in a guy who's in his early 60s, and was very healthy and physically fit. He has alway been a health nut, and is a dedicated runner and a vegetarian.

The doctors say that it was his elevated fitness level that saved his life. Most other folks his age would have been done....

I hope your friend stuns the doctor's and makes a complete recovery.

Gout sucks! Even the weight of the sheet causes pain. Feel better Mike.

I have to be careful to stay hydrated otherwise I sometimes get gout.

I can remember trying to deal with my gout, before I got diagnosed and got medicine, while delivering an 8 to 10 mile mail route on foot every day. It was torturous....

I can remember trying to deal with my gout, before I got diagnosed and got medicine, while delivering an 8 to 10 mile mail route on foot every day. It was torturous....

At one point I thought that cutting off half my foot would be less painful. Can not imagine walking a mile with it. Day 3 of Predisone and it seems like it's going away, but still limping.

At one point I thought that cutting off half my foot would be less painful. Can not imagine walking a mile with it. Day 3 of Predisone and it seems like it's going away, but still limping.

From talking to other gout sufferers, I gather that mine is not as severe as some other folks' is. While mine is certainly painful, it is not as bad as what I've heard people have experienced. Sucks, either way!

From talking to other gout sufferers, I gather that mine is not as severe as some other folks' is. While mine is certainly painful, it is not as bad as what I've heard people have experienced. Sucks, either way!

Mine is controlled with a daily allopurinol pill. Maybe you could ask the doctor about it?

Noob question: What is this thread?

What Damon said.

Just peeps hanging out and talking about whatever. Anything goes except buns, they're banned. Pretty much the only rule is "be nice.

I'm Gary. Feel free to join in. It may seem intimidating because some of these topics go way back but just throw out a thought, an event that happened or whatever and people will chime in. Welcome.

Ah! Thanks.. the title was confusing..

Has any one produced a ukulele album?

The title refers to the original Post Whores who were trying to outdo each other in post count. We call ourselves PoHo's for short.

Can't say that I've ever done anything musically that sophisticated. I barely and rarely play.

The title refers to the original Post Whores who were trying to outdo each other in post count. We call ourselves PoHo's for short.

Can't say that I've ever done anything musically that sophisticated. I barely and rarely play.

I am the same.. just feel that there are fewer pure fusion albums.. such as baritone + violin etc.. Heard a few performances during a retreat but want the same when at my desk..

Top Bottom