::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Nothing to do with them...yes. I am in a dilemma. I have not talked to my sister (did you know I had one?) for over 25 years. Her grandson, who is not allowed to talk to her, told me she has entered hospice in NYC. I haven’t figured out what to do with this information.

That's a tough one Sukie.

Nothing to do with them...yes. I am in a dilemma. I have not talked to my sister (did you know I had one?) for over 25 years. Her grandson, who is not allowed to talk to her, told me she has entered hospice in NYC. I haven’t figured out what to do with this information.

Tough one, Sukie. Someone near and dear to me could find herself in the same situation someday.

Not sure how I'd handle it....

The store manager has gone out to get something to eat, and left me here at the store, alone.

He never used to do that, but started to about a month ago. On the one hand, I appreciate his apparent confidence in me. On the other hand, I don't feel confident that I can take care of every situation that could come up.

I have no concerns about safety or security. I'm not worried about getting robbed.

But, there are so many things he does that I don't know how to do....on the computer, for instance. I'd hate to have to tell a customer I don't know how to help them, and that they'll have to wait for Steve to return....

Oh how I hate that song.

"Sucking on chili dog" will go down as the lamest line in any song ever in my book.

I love that you hate that song. Every time I hear it I think of you and sing along at the top of my lungs.

Oh no, no, no . . . I dutifully submit Taylor Swift.

You could have been getting down to this sick beat
My ex-man brought his new girlfriend
She's like "oh my God", but I'm just gonna shake it
And to the fella over there with the hella good hair
Won't you come on over, baby, we can shake, shake, shake, yeah oh

My favorite ridiculous song line of all time is: “Guilty feet have got no rhythm”.

Sukie, do exactly what you want to do. Don’t worry how it looks, or what others might expect from you. This is your decision. You don’t owe anyone anything. You get to decide what’s right for you.

Fever stopped last night. Now it’s just acting like a lousy cold. Still pissed about it though.

I’ve got way too much on my plate this week to be sick at all.

Stupid doctor, stupid flu shot. (Yeah, yeah, I know illness isn’t caused by the shot.)

In other great news the knitting ladies have agreed the flamingo is the animal they will create to hide on the field for the kids to find.

Much like the Mike Haters and the bees of last years Friday night festivities I’m hoping this will create a field of FLAMINGOS.

In other great news the knitting ladies have agreed the flamingo is the animal they will create to hide on the field for the kids to find.

Much like the Mike Haters and the bees of last years Friday night festivities I’m hoping this will create a field of FLAMINGOS.

Wait. What? More info, please....

The store manager has gone out to get something to eat, and left me here at the store, alone.

He never used to do that, but started to about a month ago. On the one hand, I appreciate his apparent confidence in me. On the other hand, I don't feel confident that I can take care of every situation that could come up.

I have no concerns about safety or security. I'm not worried about getting robbed.

But, there are so many things he does that I don't know how to do....on the computer, for instance. I'd hate to have to tell a customer I don't know how to help them, and that they'll have to wait for Steve to return....

HE'S LEAVING YOU ALONE WITH A COMPUTER?

Crazy man.

That's rough. This may not help, and it's probably insensitive, but sharing some DNA from common donors doesn't make a relationship that lasts. If you have no relationship with her - and if it's been over 25 years, you don't - then I understand the feelings, but it's almost as though you've heard sad news about a stranger.

Everything is overwhelming right now. And the grandson who told me is a recent addition to the family. Plus there is news neither my bother nor sister knows. Should she be told? Once I learned I had ANOTHER half brother my life fell into place. They don’t know about him.

Dilemma I tell ya!

Wait. What? More info, please....

It started with the eighth UWC. The T-shirt that year had an octopus design on it, I think Tim S. designed it, 8th UWC - 8 appendages. A group of like minded knitters knit many little octopi ahead of time and hid them around camp in the trees for the kids to find.
The next year, UWC 9 Mike Hind designed the t-shirt with 9 cats hidden in it, UWC 9 - nine lives. Again the knitters and crafters made little kitties for people to discover.
Last year with it being the 10th UWC a whole bunch of people dressed as Mike Hater and bees. Many people dressed as him in overalls, a Chinese National hat, John Lennon glasses, and a beard. (One amazing woman knit over 40 beards to pass out to people). And then there were many bees. When he got to the field on Friday we all swarmed him and Tookta singing, “I’m your king bee” and “This Magic Moment”. Everyone brought him a PBR and Tookta a flower. It was a real hoot. The crafter had made bees to hide.
So since the number 11 (this coming year) doesn’t especially have an animal associated with it, I suggested the flamingo. And the crafters agreed.

Last edited:
There’s two vids of us swarming Mike and Tookta singing and playing our Ukes on FB. I tried to bring them over here to share but FB won’t let me.

It started with the eighth UWC. The T-shirt that year had an octopus design on it, I think Tim S. designed it, 8th UWC - 8 appendages. A group of like minded knitters knit many little octopi ahead of time and hid them around camp in the trees for the kids to find.
The next year, UWC 9 Mike Hind designed the t-shirt with 9 cats hidden in it, UWC 9 - nine lives. Again the knitters and crafters made little kitties for people to discover.
Last year with it being the 10th UWC a whole bunch of people dressed as Mike Hater and bees. Many people dressed as him in overalls, a Chinese National hat, John Lennon glasses, and a beard. (One amazing woman knit over 40 beards to pass out to people). And then there were many bees. When he got to the field on Friday we all swarmed him and Tookta singing, “I’m your king bee” and “This Magic Moment”. Everyone brought him a PBR and Tookta a flower. It was a real hoot. The crafter had made bees to hide.
So since the number 11 (this coming year) doesn’t especially have an animal associated with it, I suggested the flamingo. And the crafters agreed.

I found one of the bees when I walking across the creek from the parking lot. I thought somebody had lost it so I was trying to figure out how to get it back to them and someone yelled at me "THOSE ARE FOR THE KIDS!"

The closest thing to a negative moment I had that weekend.

Top Bottom