::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Down to 219 this morning!

I started eating more calories and went up to 225lbs. I guess I was starving myself because I doubled the amount of calories I was eating and gained two pounds right away. I'm holding steady at 225lbs and I think once my body figures out I'm not starving to death I'll start losing weight again. Just a little slower. I'm still only eating roughly 1400-1600 calories a day. A nutritionist said that was fine but only lose about ten more pounds and then try to maintain that. She said under 200lbs and I'd probably look sickly with my frame.

I would assume that it's part of the job and doesn't require extra consideration?

The meetings almost always occur after contractual hours. I think I'm going to turn down all the after school meetings and only go to the meetings that take place during my preps or when they can provide a sub in my class for however long my part of the meeting takes. In one class I have like 25 kids under learning plans.

I'm all for the learning plans but not at the expense of so much of my time. They give me too many kids with learning plans.

As a parent who had a child with an IEP: YES. Thank God for the teachers who got Ben through school. He is a remarkable young adult and his teachers who helped him through school have had a huge hand in helping him to be one.

It's a 60/40 shot here. 60% of the parents demand to know what more you can do for their child. The other 40% are appreciative. We have a weird socio-economic entitlement bubble around here.

Just got the lab report from Wednesday's Dr visit (thanks for the inspiration Gary). Everything was good. I love it when the nurse says "perfect" and "excellent".

#feelingsmug #mrsperecanquitmicromanagingwhatieatpleasepassthesaltthankyouverymuch

Last edited:
Just got the lab report from Wednesday's Dr visit (thanks Gary) Everything was good. I love it when the nurse says "perfect" and "excellent".

#feelingsmug #mrsperecanquitmicromanagingwhatieatthankyouverymuchandpleasepassthesalt

I don't miss the salt.

I miss the huge variety of foods available to me before I had to cut back on salt. Starting to cook more, so that is a tremendous help in managing sodium.

Ooops. Forgot to type "Good work Padre!"

How long before my efforts to unsubscribe from all the crap I get on my school email starts to take effect?

I've been at it all week long and I'm still getting a ton.

I had two really cool spring loaded staplers. One on my desk and one for the kids.

I think my ****ing sub stole my desk stapler. I've never had one disappear in the ten years I've had them.

Just got the lab report from Wednesday's Dr visit (thanks for the inspiration Gary). Everything was good. I love it when the nurse says "perfect" and "excellent".

#feelingsmug #mrsperecanquitmicromanagingwhatieatpleasepassthesaltthankyouverymuch

You are unremarkable!

A few minutes ago I got a, 503 (I believe) bad gateway, when I went to the next page.

Something I just posted on FB that is really pissing me off. (Besides the mystery alarm waking me up way too early.)

There is no program set up for our overseas soldiers so that they can vote that I’ve been able to find. They expect the family to mail the absentee ballot to the soldier and then return it to the states. It can take weeks to get a piece of mail to Michael let alone get it back in time.

For me this is a massive flaw in our system. Of all people our military should be able to vote easily. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Something I just posted on FB that is really pissing me off. (Besides the mystery alarm waking me up way too early.)

There is no program set up for our overseas soldiers so that they can vote that I’ve been able to find. They expect the family to mail the absentee ballot to the soldier and then return it to the states. It can take weeks to get a piece of mail to Michael let alone get it back in time.

For me this is a massive flaw in our system. Of all people our military should be able to vote easily. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Looks like you have an opportunity to fix an oversight ;)

Since voting is controlled at the state level it's something each state needs to work on together in conjunction with the Department of Defense - start with your state legislators!

Since voting is controlled at the state level it's something each state needs to work on together in conjunction with the Department of Defense - start with your state legislators!

I’ve put it out there on a public FB post so in case I missed something in researching this. But I can see myself raising hell about this if there isn’t a program for it. It would seem that it should be an automatic thing that parallels their deployment orders...something that each states must be informed of when a soldier is deployed so they can get it to the soldier directly.

I was hoping Freeda might have some insight in case there is a program I may have missed.

I’ve put it out there on a public FB post so in case I missed something in researching this. But I can see myself raising hell about this if there isn’t a program for it. It would seem that it should be an automatic thing that parallels their deployment orders...something that each states must be informed of when a soldier is deployed so they can get it to the soldier directly.

I was hoping Freeda might have some insight in case there is a program I may have missed.

https://www.fvap.gov/military-voter

Top Bottom