::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I just asked Michael if he had heard anything about this on his end.

The easiest way we have found to communicate with him (other than him calling us directly) is through FB messenger. We can go weeks if not months without hearing from him if he’s out in the field living on his tank. Recently he has been on base for the most part where he has the internet most of the time.

What is the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)?

The FWAB is an emergency backup ballot for UOCAVA citizens who didn't receive an absentee ballot from their State in time to participate in the election.

What is the DoD Fax Service?

The DoD Fax Service is for those voters who cannot send their election materials directly to their election officials. To fax your election materials, use the Transmission Cover Sheet found in Chapter 1 or online at FVAP.gov and fax to: (703) 693-5527, DSN 223-5527 or toll-free from the U.S., Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands to 1-800-368-8683. If you need to send your election materials to your election official by fax but do not have access to a fax machine you can email them to fax@fvap.gov and FVAP will fax your election materials for you. This service is fax only. If your State accepts your election materials by email you should email them directly to your election official. FVAP will not transmit email to email transactions.

I’ve put it out there on a public FB post so in case I missed something in researching this. But I can see myself raising hell about this if there isn’t a program for it. It would seem that it should be an automatic thing that parallels their deployment orders...something that each states must be informed of when a soldier is deployed so they can get it to the soldier directly.

I was hoping Freeda might have some insight in case there is a program I may have missed.

Okay, so if I send this link to him it looks like he might be able to vote online no matter where he’s at?

What is the DoD Fax Service?

The DoD Fax Service is for those voters who cannot send their election materials directly to their election officials. To fax your election materials, use the Transmission Cover Sheet found in Chapter 1 or online at FVAP.gov and fax to: (703) 693-5527, DSN 223-5527 or toll-free from the U.S., Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands to 1-800-368-8683. If you need to send your election materials to your election official by fax but do not have access to a fax machine you can email them to fax@fvap.gov and FVAP will fax your election materials for you. This service is fax only. If your State accepts your election materials by email you should email them directly to your election official. FVAP will not transmit email to email transactions.

Who the hell uses a fax machine anymore? WHY do they have to make things so complicated?

Thank you Freeda. I figured you’d know. I really appreciate your help.

Looks like you just lost a cause to rally for.

It should be easier. They shouldn’t have to search for it. It should be linked to their individual deployment along with their deployment orders. They are crazy busy and controlled when deploying all the time. They shouldn’t have to search “how to vote” when they are already serving away from home.

I had a surf buddy who was stationed in Hawaii in the 70s. He said it was a blast they would land the chopper a guy would run out and come back with a huge bag of weed and they would have a blast. He said it was a weely run they did.

I've been doing the "I left my credit card on the counter at Costco" shuffle. They found it and held it for me. Whew!

Down to 219 this morning!

And I selfishly forgot to congratulate you.

I'm sorry I made that all about me.

Congratulations on the weight loss Mike. Super hard to do and you should be proud of your accomplishment.

(sorry about the beer though :) )

Top Bottom