::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

it's so hot!
These storm remnants are just keeping wet heavy clouds like blankets. Ugh.

Trying to get in the groove of playing on the boat every other weekend.
I also want to rotate in some new songs.
Working on a jazzy Haleiwa Hula.
I also want to get a medley down, say "I Met a Hula Girl at Waikiki" > "Aloha Week Hula" > "Sophisticated Hula"

I think I want to start with Hawaiian songs, then sprinkle in Hapa Haole songs.
That way they get traditional music, plus some fun songs they can understand, as most of the boat customers are visitors.

So I'll just close with more PoHoMoJo to Don, and for everyone else:

Be excellent to each other!

So I'll just close with more PoHoMoJo to Don, and for everyone else:

Be excellent to each other!

I remember the "Be excellent..." from Bill and Ted. Perhaps a little air guitar thrown in there?

BINDLE UPDATE!

Ignore the mess in the background!

So, after 5 weeks of waiting for the dude to build it, I FINALLY got the box. Of course, things aren't exactly how I asked for them to be, because people don't listen.
But here it is! The door on the side is just resting there, but it gives an idea of how it's gonna look.

p.jpeg

IT FITS! I was exceptionally pleased to realize that I will have room for a uke inside the box! One less thing to carry!
I was trying to figure out a way to have my cigar box tip jar in here, with a little foldaway box to raise it up, but then realized I can use my regular case, as I have been, and keep merch in there, along with the tipjar!

p.jpeg

On top, there will be a hole with the top of a mic stand poking out... but wait! It'll actually be a quick release thingie so I can just click the boom (which telescopes!) into the top! WOO HOO!
This way, I can raise the mic to standing level, if I need to.
(After the lung nonsense, I made the difficult decision to sit while playing. I hate it, but I just can't handle 4 three hour gigs a week standing up any more. I is old!)
On the front of it will be a "shield" with my initials on it, a la the old music stand podiums swing bands used to have! The added benefit of that is that it'll hide my iPad and drinks... although, the giant martini glass I use on stage will be more than visible! LOL

p.jpeg

And here it is, stained. I will be covering the whole thing with a bamboo-looking kinda thing (it's a roller shade!), but I wanted it to be this nice red underneath for when wear and tear takes its toll. It's got about 5 layers of sealer on it. Tomorrow, I'll be giving it a quick sand with 200 grit paper and then a few more coats, then another quick sand and a spray sealer to finish. Then I can get onto installing all the shelves and nooks and crannies and the ukulele case (which'll be floor mat foam covered in fabric... I may cannibalize a couple of my old hawaiian shirts for that!... reinforced with some of the wood battening you see in the pics.) and stuff, then cover it all, attach the stuff on the outside, the feet (gonna get those adjustable ones so it doesn't wobble), the doors, figger out how to keep the doors closed, figger out how to attach the backpack straps and Bob's yer uncle!

p.jpeg

Top Bottom