::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

This is what I'm going with. I've read about five other articles and they all say about the same thing: https://www.wikihow.com/Restore-a-Whiteboard

Sigh. Chalkboards (real slate ones) never wore out. And the chalk never went dry half way through use. And quality chalk didn't squeak or crumble like the cheap stuff.

I taught two terms of intro biology to ESL students in college. I bought my own chalk and had a chalk holder (because I hated the feel of the stuff on my skin). Worked like a charm.

I'm attempting to make homemade cold pack pickles. On a whim I picked up a cucumber plant this year and last night I put up my first batch. The brine smelled amazing; I'm hoping the pickles are good!

Sigh. Chalkboards (real slate ones) never wore out. And the chalk never went dry half way through use. And quality chalk didn't squeak or crumble like the cheap stuff.

I taught two terms of intro biology to ESL students in college. I bought my own chalk and had a chalk holder (because I hated the feel of the stuff on my skin). Worked like a charm.

The dust from the chalk messes/messed up the computers.

Not sure my laptop would be affected but the old towers got gunked up with chalk dust. A surprising amount of dust would be in there.

I'm attempting to make homemade cold pack pickles. On a whim I picked up a cucumber plant this year and last night I put up my first batch. The brine smelled amazing; I'm hoping the pickles are good!

I made dill pickles in class last year and they came out great. I'm sure yours will too.

They're really good and crunchy!

The dust from the chalk messes/messed up the computers.

Not sure my laptop would be affected but the old towers got gunked up with chalk dust. A surprising amount of dust would be in there.

Ohhhhh. I didn't think about that! Laptops were just hitting the market when I did those classes and there definitely weren't any computers in the classrooms.

I made dill pickles in class last year and they came out great. I'm sure yours will too.

They're really good and crunchy!

I'm the only person in the family who will eat pickles - I did two quarts, as that's what was needed to handle the cucumbers I grew. They got too big; If I like these pickles next year I will be sure I get pickling cucumbers!

Ohhhhh. I didn't think about that! Laptops were just hitting the market when I did those classes and there definitely weren't any computers in the classrooms.

Yup. Been teaching that long. I begged for them to leave my chalkboard and they wouldn't do it. I used to create some pretty great illustrations with chalk.

I'm the only person in the family who will eat pickles - I did two quarts, as that's what was needed to handle the cucumbers I grew. They got too big; If I like these pickles next year I will be sure I get pickling cucumbers!

I don't know if the big ones will have that same crunch. I like sweet or dill as long as they're crunchy. I wonder if I can make a butter pickle with Splenda?

I'm seeing all these memes reporting that Epstein had broken bones in his neck supporting that he was murdered.

But isn't that consistent with "hanging" as well?

Thinking about doing a unit on Memes and how they are used to manipulate with partial or biased information.

I don't know if the big ones will have that same crunch. I like sweet or dill as long as they're crunchy. I wonder if I can make a butter pickle with Splenda?

I sliced them into spears. We'll see how this goes - if it works out well it will be repeated next year.

My physics teacher was the first class I had been in where he used an overhead projector and wrote on a plastic scroll.
He sat and faced the class, and could roll back the scroll if we needed to review something. I thought it was very clever as a chalkboard replacement.

My physics teacher was the first class I had been in where he used an overhead projector and wrote on a plastic scroll.
He sat and faced the class, and could roll back the scroll if we needed to review something. I thought it was very clever as a chalkboard replacement.

I had a US history teacher who did that - the rate at which he could fill and roll that scroll was amazing.

The water company has our water turned off while they are working on the lines. Four hours so far.

Replaced by document reader and camera/projector

That was replaced by computer bluetooth to projector

I'm one of three rooms in school that can show a VHS.

Dilemma.

Really want sushi for lunch since after the students, oops, kiddos get back I won't be able to get lunch off campus.

:biglaugh:

But Type II says NO!

And now everything that sounds good for lunch is all carbs!

Dilemma.

Really want sushi for lunch since after the students, oops, kiddos get back I won't be able to get lunch off campus.

:biglaugh:

But Type II says NO!

And now everything that sounds good for lunch is all carbs!

Bachi for messing with Jon.

(Bachi is kinda the Japanese equivalent of "karma")

Top Bottom