Page 1086 of 1135 FirstFirst ... 8658698610361076108410851086108710881096 ... LastLast
Results 10,851 to 10,860 of 11344

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Quote Originally Posted by PereBourik View Post
    Kansas has elected a Democratic governor and at least one democratic Member of Congress, both women.

I'm stunned.
    Did not expect that one!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

I know Gary Yoshida.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulelerob View Post
    Indiana is same old same old as far as I know.
    The local people would probably have won with or without my vote. Statewide my vote didn't do much.
    The whole thing is kinda depressing. But it's the best I could do.
    Like I said, same old same old.
    It pisses me off, the farmers can't sell their soybeans because of Trump, but they vote for him anyways.

I know Gary Yoshida.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    It pisses me off, the farmers can't sell their soybeans because of Trump, but they vote for him anyways.
    I just hope the new congress takes advantage of the next two years to try to fix things instead of just getting revenge. Yes, I would love to see some heads roll in the current administration (the top head chief among them), but to have a chance to make this new majority last I think the new congress is going to have to make a real effort to cooperate. It's going to be a real delicate balancing act, but important to remember that the seats were flipped because people weren't happy with how the government was working and flippers are just as likely to flip back if this new group doesn't show that they can play politics better than their predecessors did.
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    I just hope the new congress takes advantage of the next two years to try to fix things instead of just getting revenge. Yes, I would love to see some heads roll in the current administration (the top head chief among them), but to have a chance to make this new majority last I think the new congress is going to have to make a real effort to cooperate. It's going to be a real delicate balancing act, but important to remember that the seats were flipped because people weren't happy with how the government was working and flippers are just as likely to flip back if this new group doesn't show that they can play politics better than their predecessors did.
    I’m afraid their main job is just going to be saying NO to all the crap trump throws at them.
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

Quote Originally Posted by salukulady View Post
    I’m afraid their main job is just going to be saying NO to all the crap trump throws at them.
    I agree - but they will have the unenviable task to make each NO be an obvious NO for the benefit of the country. I'm happy to see some investigations if they can get concrete results, but if it LOOKS like they're just out for revenge for the last two years then the voters who flipped the seats hoping for something better will just see the revenge and will flip back. It's going to be a tough two years, for sure, and the new crew will need to carefully nurture the image that they're fighting the uphill battle to make the country better. The Senate and Administration will try to paint the new House as obstructors - they will need to spin things so the public sees they were trying to improve things and it was the Senate and 45 who caused the obstructions.
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    I agree - but they will have the unenviable task to make each NO be an obvious NO for the benefit of the country. I'm happy to see some investigations if they can get concrete results, but if it LOOKS like they're just out for revenge for the last two years then the voters who flipped the seats hoping for something better will just see the revenge and will flip back. It's going to be a tough two years, for sure, and the new crew will need to carefully nurture the image that they're fighting the uphill battle to make the country better. The Senate and Administration will try to paint the new House as obstructors - they will need to spin things so the public sees they were trying to improve things and it was the Senate and 45 who caused the obstructions.
    Not revenge, it'd be reconstruction.

I know Gary Yoshida.

But at least we now have the means to make progress.
    “Justice is like a train that is nearly always late,” mused Russian poet Yevgeny Yevtushenko.”

“62,400 repetitions make one truth.” - Bernard Marx, character in Brave New World, Alduous Huxley

Dig In-finity! - The Naz, in the words of Lord Buckley

I don't believe either side has my interest at heart.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    Not revenge, it'd be reconstruction.
    Perception. If it's viewed as revenge the Dems will have a hard time of it in 2020.
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    I don't believe either side has my interest at heart.
    You aren't rich enough to matter

I know Gary Yoshida.

Thread Information