::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

My kid is now wearing the same size shoe as me. Crazy! I haven't measured him in a while but he looks taller to me. I'm guessing he's 5'4" barefoot, maybe a bit taller. He's quite a bit taller than my grandmother and she used to be 5'4". She's 90 now so I don't think she's that tall any more.

Mika was ordering new shoes and basketball shoes for him online and asked if I wanted any new shoes. "Nope. I'll have brand new basketball shoes and his other hand me downs in about three months."

maybe on a little key ring/fob to attach to a back pack?

They may be a little fragile to swing around on a backpack. She has been putting loops on them to hang as Christmas tree ornaments...I'll ask her what she thinks.

My little boy wears the same shoe size as me. That's about it. He's taller, wider shoulders and heavier. He's like his maternal grandfather.
BTW, My little boy will be 47 in september.

I'm like my dad. Except for eye and hair color. Which is like my paternal grandfather.
Here's one, my father was Dad, but my grandfather was Pa. It's what my father and his brother called him and so did all the grandkids.

#My family trivia.

Before y’all get too misty eyed, my best man 36 years ago was gay. Being able to have a partner might have saved his life. Promiscuity, liquor and smokes killed him.

I got feels.

The only wedding where I've cried was at that of my best friend from junior high and high school where he was, after 20 years of committed relationship, finally able to marry his partner legally.

Man it just dumped heavy rain and hail for like 30 minutes straight. You could only see about 1/4 mile maybe.

We were stuck on the freeway because water flooded all the way across. Four lanes were trying to edge over to the emergency lane in the center divide except for one meathead in a raised 4X4 who thought he would plow through the deepest part.

He almost made it.

almost

That's the best kind of schadenfreude. Nobody hurt except for the meathead's pride.

Speaking of teeth, tomorrow morning I am getting my #16 Wisdom extracted. I guess what it is, and where it is, it's not worth saving? Anywho I'll be down to 30 teeth after that. #1 went maybe 40 or so years ago.
Getting older seems to be high maintenance situation?
It's always something.

I didn't have wisdom teeth. I have retained all my wisdom.

My little boy wears the same shoe size as me. That's about it. He's taller, wider shoulders and heavier. He's like his maternal grandfather.
BTW, My little boy will be 47 in september.

I'm like my dad. Except for eye and hair color. Which is like my paternal grandfather.
Here's one, my father was Dad, but my grandfather was Pa. It's what my father and his brother called him and so did all the grandkids.

#My family trivia.

My mom and dad referred to my dad's father as Pop. To the grandchildren he was Grandpa.

So Emma's participation at the street sale on Saturday was...interesting. Weather cooperated for the most part, though it was cloudy. Later in the afternoon the rain started coming down in buckets and the wind howled, so the timing was fortunate.

Sales were way slower than we expected. Emma sold 3 of her felted animals - a llama, a bunny, and I can't remember the third. She also sold 3 sets of homemade coasters and a whole bunch of chocolate chip cookies. Her friend Katie, who was doing the booth with her, sold a bunch of refrigerator magnets. All of that was normal.

What was interesting was that a 3rd friend came to "help" them, but didn't contribute any crafts of her own to sell. But in the end, Emma and Katie paid her about 20% of the day's take for "helping". I was there - the friend didn't have anything to do, certainly wasn't needed to help, and even when people came in the booth to look didn't actively participate in selling anything.

Sheryl was irritated-going-on-pissed. Keep in mind - for Emma's crafts we paid for all the raw materials. Sheryl baked the cookies. The whole point of the girls doing the booth was to raise money for their trip to Florida next year - only, the friend they paid to help isn't even going on the trip.

Emma had fun and wants to do it next year, but there will be a discussion first about how the money raised is to be used and allocated. Emma will receive all the money raised from crafts she contributes (including anything donated by her parents). Katie can decide if she wants to subsidize Taylor's presence or not...though we will probably mention our rule for Emma to Katie's parents.

At the moment, though, we're just letting Emma enjoy. Sheryl wanted to talk about it RIGHT NOW, but I know that would just deflate Emma's enjoyment of the event. It's a year away until the next one...plenty of time to have a dispassionate talk about the process.

I finally got an electric toothbrush at the suggestion of my dental hygienist. I got an Oral B Vitality. It seems to work just fine. It has a two minute timer built in to it. Which is handy.

So the question of the day:
Electric or manual? Whad due ya think?

I have used a Sonicare for many years. I am on my third model.

So Emma's participation at the street sale on Saturday was...interesting. Weather cooperated for the most part, though it was cloudy. Later in the afternoon the rain started coming down in buckets and the wind howled, so the timing was fortunate.

Sales were way slower than we expected. Emma sold 3 of her felted animals - a llama, a bunny, and I can't remember the third. She also sold 3 sets of homemade coasters and a whole bunch of chocolate chip cookies. Her friend Katie, who was doing the booth with her, sold a bunch of refrigerator magnets. All of that was normal.

What was interesting was that a 3rd friend came to "help" them, but didn't contribute any crafts of her own to sell. But in the end, Emma and Katie paid her about 20% of the day's take for "helping". I was there - the friend didn't have anything to do, certainly wasn't needed to help, and even when people came in the booth to look didn't actively participate in selling anything.

Sheryl was irritated-going-on-pissed. Keep in mind - for Emma's crafts we paid for all the raw materials. Sheryl baked the cookies. The whole point of the girls doing the booth was to raise money for their trip to Florida next year - only, the friend they paid to help isn't even going on the trip.

Emma had fun and wants to do it next year, but there will be a discussion first about how the money raised is to be used and allocated. Emma will receive all the money raised from crafts she contributes (including anything donated by her parents). Katie can decide if she wants to subsidize Taylor's presence or not...though we will probably mention our rule for Emma to Katie's parents.

At the moment, though, we're just letting Emma enjoy. Sheryl wanted to talk about it RIGHT NOW, but I know that would just deflate Emma's enjoyment of the event. It's a year away until the next one...plenty of time to have a dispassionate talk about the process.

James would do this too. We have to talk him down from giving stuff away ("sharing") all the time.

Good call on waiting to explain.

James would do this too. We have to talk him down from giving stuff away ("sharing") all the time.

Good call on waiting to explain.

Yeah, I could just see in my mind the deflation in Emma's body language if we had the talk now. Not necessary - it's something that can wait until we talk about the logistics of next year's sale.

Kinda early for you, isn't it? Or is it late?

BTW R U coming to UWC?

I was still up. Made a cup of tea at 11pm. Accidentally made caffeinated tea so I had a rough night of little sleep.

Unfortunately due to personal reasons I can’t attend this year. I am heart broken.

I finally got an electric toothbrush at the suggestion of my dental hygienist. I got an Oral B Vitality. It seems to work just fine. It has a two minute timer built in to it. Which is handy.

So the question of the day:
Electric or manual? Whad due ya think?

Electric. My gum problems have almost disappeared since I switched.

What..........change that sig

My rationalization for not going this year is it is beyond my control. Trust me if I could make it happen by walking there I would. I just can’t come this year.

Top Bottom