::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Took three tests tonight.

Passed three tests tonight!

BIL was still taking one of the three when I left, but I know he passed the two "hard" tests.
So tomorrow we have four more to take.
Deck safety, Deck general, towing, and sailing.
They are all short exams.

BIL was still taking one of the three when I left, but I know he passed the two "hard" tests.

Set a course for the Sandwich Isles on a broad reach on the starboard tack and wake me at six bells.

Way to go shipmate.

Nice. Congratulations and good luck tomorrow! today?

54 years ago. Around then or maybe a year or two before having a color tv was a big deal.
Microwave ovens weren't yet commonplace. Probably not until into the seventies.

54 years ago. Around then or maybe a year or two before having a color tv was a big deal.
Microwave ovens weren't yet commonplace. Probably not until into the seventies.

The fist color TV I remember watching had a screen smaller than the laptop I'm using right now.

The fist color TV I remember watching had a screen smaller than the laptop I'm using right now.

We got our first color TV when my dad was out of town at a medical seminar in Minneapolis. We got cable when my dad was out of town at a medical seminar in Minneapolis. We got a VCR when my dad was out of town at a medical seminar in Minneapolis. We loved my dad like crazy. Almost as much as we loved that medical seminar in Minneapolis he went to ever year.

The Oregon Symphony is holding auditions at our church today. There are people warming up in classrooms all around my office. It's fascinating to listen to. So far it's been all brass instruments - I'm not sure if they'll switch to strings or winds later. I think they're doing the actual auditions in the sanctuary, which has great acoustics. I suppose they're doing them here because we have all the classrooms - the concert hall probably doesn't have that kind of facility.

I remember our first VCR with a "remote"

The "remote" was a controller on a 25' cord that plugged into the back of the VCR unit and fell out with any kind of pulling force.

Better than my dad telling me to change channels though.

The Oregon Symphony is holding auditions at our church today. There are people warming up in classrooms all around my office. It's fascinating to listen to. So far it's been all brass instruments - I'm not sure if they'll switch to strings or winds later. I think they're doing the actual auditions in the sanctuary, which has great acoustics. I suppose they're doing them here because we have all the classrooms - the concert hall probably doesn't have that kind of facility.

You're working at the church today? No Kaiser? Nice.

I remember our first VCR with a "remote"

The "remote" was a controller on a 25' cord that plugged into the back of the VCR unit and fell out with any kind of pulling force.

Better than my dad telling me to change channels though.

If you lived in California I assume it was a Beta Max?

My first VCR (VHS) had a wired remote. Could do one program/day at a time. It had a mechanical tuner (click, click). The tape loaded from the top, not in the front.

Kinda like this:

a554401aec721952c6c1e2a34c31ad16.jpg

Top Bottom