::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I worked with my son in law today and pretty much finished up the room I've been working on. A little touch up here and there left.

Then he was able to figure out our modem/router problem. It involved hitting the reset button on the back of the modem and redoing it online. A little beyond my knowledge, but I'll have to study up so maybe I can do it if it happens again. I still don't know why it messed up in the first place. Unless it was all the power off and on while I'm was working in the room

On the down side, our wifi router part of our modem has quit. Let me say the 2.4 wifi part. The 5G is still on. Very strange. The problem is half the devices in the house can't use the 5G and need the 2.4. I spent near $200 bucks on what I thought was a good Netgear cable modem and it's made it about 100 days. This too will be resolved, but still it's frustrating.

You sound so techy! You go, Rob!

It’s beautiful outside! But also cold. Trying to convince myself to spend time outside. So far my warm mug of coffee and blanket are winning.

Emma is at a winter retreat at Suttle Lake this weekend (coming home tomorrow - Monday). I'm hoping they had snow...but forecasts weren't looking so good. On the other hand, today was supposed to be a rain fest here on this side of the mountains and it was beautiful most of the day...

(For those not in the know - Suttle Lake is just over the mountains about 90-100 miles or so Southeast of here. Different climate over there than the typical Western Oregon weather.)

In other news, Bry is wrapping up wrestling. She starts la crosse immediately. She’s missed most of the pre-season conditioning. Considering how much she has been working out for wrestling, she hasn’t missed much.

Wrestling and boxing.

She's in better shape than anyone on the La Crosse team.

Ten years ago if you told me I'd be heavily involved on the board of a club team organization and a "founding" board member of a recreational youth group I would have laughed at you.

That's grown up stuff.

Yet, here I am. I honestly don't know what happened.

The side of the island he's on is desert like, compared to the rest of the island.

We love the Big Island best, but it's always kind of funny when you fly into Kona and see that the airport is basically just built out on a lava flow in the desert...not the tropical island feel you normally associate with Hawaii.

We love the Big Island best, but it's always kind of funny when you fly into Kona and see that the airport is basically just built out on a lava flow in the desert...not the tropical island feel you normally associate with Hawaii.

The first time I flew in to Kona, I asked "Wow, was that a recent lava flow we just flew over?
"Yeah, fairly recent, I think 1749 or something..."
Crazy.

We watched the Daytona 500 race. I basically saw the beginning and the end. It looked more like a demolition derby at about 150 mph.

Shredding old docs to try and clean up desks. We get a tremendous amount of paper. Then also getting tax papers together for the tax lady. Work, work, work.

Top Bottom