::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Oh?

Dead sister story... Chapter 3.

So, when last I left off I told you my brother was in town with the ashes. He wanted to have the ashes buried with our mother and father. He went over to my aunt and uncle’s apt. to get written permission to have it done. Woulda cost $695 to bury her under my mother’s headstone. My aunt and uncle demurred on assisting with the cost. I think we are caught up.

Yesterday my aunt called to tell me my brother decided not to spend money so he put the ashes underneath the flower urn we have at the cemetery. My aunt and uncle are quite upset. This evening Paul and I are meeting at the cemetery to go get the ashes. The closer we get to the time, the more creeped out I’m feeling. How the hell am I ending up with my sister’s ashes? I’m not sure what the short-term plan will be. Keep her in the garage? A closet? The basement furnace room? I think long term I will sprinkle some in places we knew as kids. And...do I tell my brother we have removed them? It’d be funny if he didn’t know and he went to check on them when he is in town next time.

Make a responsible disposal of her ashes. Tell your brother. Get on with life. Your brother can bloody well f.o.

I LIKE beer.

I miss Scotch even more.

I still want to do a tour of Scotland's golf courses, distilleries and castles.

Thank you justice Kavanaugh.

RL Kid wants to be married to his presumptive wife, with bagpipes, his brother, and "William & Catherine, Harry & Megan". Maybe you could be part of that trip.

Make a responsible disposal of her ashes. Tell your brother. Get on with life. Your brother can bloody well f.o.

Yup.
Since moving here I have been involved with distributing ashes for Nanilei's dad, a close friend of his who passed a couple of years after him, and Nanilei's sister's best friend's mom.
Guess what? Another one of Nanilei's sister's friends is arriving next month (posthumously) and we are doing some more sprinkling.
Nanilei's grandpa is in my "music" room (where his steel guitar lives) because grandma thought he needed to remain here when she moved back to California. There is also a small urn with a bit of Nanilei's dad on a shelf in our bedroom. He has a favourite spot by Diamond Head and we have taken him there to visit a couple of times. We also took him to Kawaiaha`o Church with us once. Nanilei's grandpa used to be a janitor there. Strangely enough none of this seems at all weird to me.
I used to think I wanted to be shot into space like some folks have been, but now? I think I just wanna be dumped (ashes) in the ocean here. I like the idea of staying here for good.

Oh?

Dead sister story... Chapter 3.

So, when last I left off I told you my brother was in town with the ashes. He wanted to have the ashes buried with our mother and father. He went over to my aunt and uncle’s apt. to get written permission to have it done. Woulda cost $695 to bury her under my mother’s headstone. My aunt and uncle demurred on assisting with the cost. I think we are caught up.

Yesterday my aunt called to tell me my brother decided not to spend money so he put the ashes underneath the flower urn we have at the cemetery. My aunt and uncle are quite upset. This evening Paul and I are meeting at the cemetery to go get the ashes. The closer we get to the time, the more creeped out I’m feeling. How the hell am I ending up with my sister’s ashes? I’m not sure what the short-term plan will be. Keep her in the garage? A closet? The basement furnace room? I think long term I will sprinkle some in places we knew as kids. And...do I tell my brother we have removed them? It’d be funny if he didn’t know and he went to check on them when he is in town next time.

I think your idea of sprinkling sister's ashes in places you knew as kids is splendid. Hopefully these are places that have some good memories.

Yup.
Since moving here I have been involved with distributing ashes for Nanilei's dad, a close friend of his who passed a couple of years after him, and Nanilei's sister's best friend's mom.
Guess what? Another one of Nanilei's sister's friends is arriving next month (posthumously) and we are doing some more sprinkling.
Nanilei's grandpa is in my "music" room (where his steel guitar lives) because grandma thought he needed to remain here when she moved back to California. There is also a small urn with a bit of Nanilei's dad on a shelf in our bedroom. He has a favourite spot by Diamond Head and we have taken him there to visit a couple of times. We also took him to Kawaiaha`o Church with us once. Nanilei's grandpa used to be a janitor there. Strangely enough none of this seems at all weird to me.
I used to think I wanted to be shot into space like some folks have been, but now? I think I just wanna be dumped (ashes) in the ocean here. I like the idea of staying here for good.

My mom rode around in the back of my van in a gift bag for a year.

Hair color. I think I was still auburn last time I saw you Don. I’ve been this silvery gray for about a year. There were other colors in between. I am attempting to grow out my roots a bit. I don’t think I’ve seen my natural color since I was 17. The idea of just letting it grow out is driving my hair dresser batty. But I want to see it.

Hair color. I think I was still auburn last time I saw you Don. I’ve been this silvery gray for about a year. There were other colors in between. I am attempting to grow out my roots a bit. I don’t think I’ve seen my natural color since I was 17. The idea of just letting it grow out is driving my hair dresser batty. But I want to see it.

Natural is nice. At least I think so.

The way my faith and practice has been drifting since retirement I’m not at all sure what I’ll want when I die.

The way my faith and practice has been drifting since retirement I’m not at all sure what I’ll want when I die.

I was raised by two incredibly practical heathens. Both were cremated and sent to sea. I’ve always told my kids to do the same with me but I want a bit of me sprinkled on that magical field in Indiana too.

I walk over to the beach when I miss mom and dad.That being said I’ve always been a bit envious of those of you that get to visit loved ones graves.

I was raised by two incredibly practical heathens. Both were cremated and sent to sea. I’ve always told my kids to do the same with me but I want a bit of me sprinkled on that magical field in Indiana too.

I walk over to the beach when I miss mom and dad.That being said I’ve always been a bit envious of those of you that get to visit loved ones graves.

On visiting grave sites, at least for me, it doesn't happen very often.

I think the current color looks great on you! I can understand wanting to grow it out to see the natural color, though. Many times a person's natural grey doesn't look so swell, but sometimes it does. You never know until you try....

Top Bottom