::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I got the van loaded with yard waste and aluminum cans ready to go to recycle at 9 am.

Yesterday Shirley found many things to do in the yard which lasted 'til about 2:30 pm. A lot of it had been put off for a while. It's been about a year and a half since she could do the things that she wanted to do outside. Her left hip is working pretty well. Not as perfect as when she was twenty, but far better that a year and a half ago.
Now the weak link is her right knee. Nowhere near as bad as the hip, but it will be next on the repair list. Hopefully a while yet before that comes into play. The recovery from the operation is tiresome and stretched out for months.

Mobility is pretty important and when one thing stops hurting you realize how much something else hurts. Not fun. I beat up my body with sports when I was younger (mostly Moto-x) and I feel the effects today. Still wouldn't trade my experiences for the pain, so I try not to whine too much.

I never had a pager.

I had a ginormous cell phone that was the size of a briefcase but never a pager. The restaurant I worked for bought it for me to use. Big waste of money but I didn't have to pay for it.

Yay for Mike! (and you too)

His commute is going to seem like nothing compared to before.

Hey Sally, have you ever been to the Anaheim Meat(?) Packing District? I think that's what it's called. James' basketball team was going to go there for dinner but we heard from another team that we would never be able to even sit near each other with a party of 30. We went to a bbq place instead, but the list of restaurants looked interesting.

Hey Sally, have you ever been to the Anaheim Meat(?) Packing District? I think that's what it's called. James' basketball team was going to go there for dinner but we heard from another team that we would never be able to even sit near each other with a party of 30. We went to a bbq place instead, but the list of restaurants looked interesting.

Yes. It’s an old warehouse converted into shops and lots of small restaurants. Nice place but yeah sitting 30 in one place might be a challenge.

Yay for Mike! (and you too)

His commute is going to seem like nothing compared to before.

And their hours are 6am - 2:30 so he’ll be leaving before traffic sets in. And work won’t interfere with his disc golf in the afternoons.

And their hours are 6am - 2:30 so he’ll be leaving before traffic sets in. And work won’t interfere with his disc golf in the afternoons.

Did he get better at disc golf with all the free time?

I got really good at regular golf when I was getting my masters degree. Golf in the morning, homework before school, school late afternoon, classes early evening, party time after school and back up in the morning for golf. It was like being retired. It was awesome!

My school was scheduled for a power outage but it never happened. Their excuse was wind but there isn't any. I think it's a ploy for when they jack up rates 400%. "If you want safer power we need to rebuild the infrastructure and that will cost money." Which really means "we need to recuperate the 11 billion we lost in lawsuits to appease our shareholders."

I remember when PG&E was the queen of utilities: dependable power and well-maintained distribution systems. All the Patelco guys I knew wanted to work for PG&E. Then came deregulation. They sold off their generation capacity and held on to distribution.

It seems to me that if you're going to make money you need a product..

Last edited:
Cream of Potato soup is what's happening in B106 today.

veloute > (small sauce) soup

Actually supposed to be made with béchamel but veloute tastes better.

I got really good at regular golf when I was getting my masters degree. Golf in the morning, homework before school, school late afternoon, classes early evening, party time after school and back up in the morning for golf. It was like being retired. It was awesome!

Not at all like being retired. You were too busy.

View attachment 122032you can date this photo by my high waisted jeans and pager.

It's really funny - in your previous post, as soon as you said "Swing Stages" I remembered you worked for that company and it was largely because I was previously unfamiliar with that term. Cool that Mike now gets to work with the same company.
Oh, and also in the photo I see the OLD First Interstate building, which means you must be on the "new" at the time First Interstate building, now the US Bank building downtown. :)

He’s always played 3-5 days a week so not really. While unemployed he cut out most tournaments due to costs. He’s 61 and usually competes in the 40 year division. He’s good for his age and he likes the competition with the younger guys. 60 year olds are easy to beat and there’s a whole lot less of them.

It's really funny - in your previous post, as soon as you said "Swing Stages" I remembered you worked for that company and it was largely because I was previously unfamiliar with that term. Cool that Mike now gets to work with the same company.
Oh, and also in the photo I see the OLD First Interstate building, which means you must be on the "new" at the time First Interstate building, now the US Bank building downtown. :)

That was before USBank was built. When it was under construction it was called Library Square. That was the very last building I rigged. I was very proud to get that job.

I’m actually standing on a rig on one of the twin towers, back then it was the Arco Twin Towers.

The First Interstate building in the background was a huge job for my company. Remember when it caught on fire? We put 8 stages on that building for a year. That was a major feather in my cap.

It’s cool to talk with someone who knows the old downtown skyline Damon!

Top Bottom