::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I approve of Harbor restaurant.
I wanted to get fish, but it the fresh catch was mahimahi (boring) so I got the carbonara (my favourite) and it did not disappoint.
Had a vieux carré to drink, it lasted the entire meal.
Great company, it was a nice evening!

Mahalo for all the birthday wishes!

Oh, and the new guy I was training at work?

He fell at home Monday night, and blew out his knee. Apparently that knee was sketchy already, and now they say he needs a complete knee replacement.

And he was doing well at work, too. He was catching on quickly, and seemed eager to work, and happy to have the job.

He's going to try to come in on a limited schedule, but I don't know how much help he'll be able to be. I feel bad for the guy....

Time to go out and un-bury my truck. We got several inches of heavy, wet snow overnight. I'm not sure how deep it is, but it looks like 6 or 7 inches....

Time to go out and un-bury my truck. We got several inches of heavy, wet snow overnight. I'm not sure how deep it is, but it looks like 6 or 7 inches....

We got about three inches yesterday when it was here. I am always happy to share. Have fun, and don't hurt yourself.

Air Quality Index

Until now, I didn't know it was a thing.

We're waking up to 207 this morning. All the schools in the Bay Area are shutting down except for Santa Clara County Schools. Yesterday the levels got up to 217. That rating is VERY UNHEALTHY (spare the air days start at 100-150; unhealthy 151-200; Very unhealthy 201-300; "You're in the fire" 301-500).

Paradise CA and the surrounding areas the AQI is 500+ it's passed where they can measure (local news)

All three of us have scratchy throats and coughs.

My lungs also feel congested. James said his chest feels "snotty."

The news is reporting that the SF Bay Area has the worst air quality in the world right now.

But yeah, our county is sending all the kids to school still.

At the ballgame yesterday RL Kid got the first ball that was taken out of play. Now he has two Arizona Fall League balls. They're made in China. We sat in the first row just to the third base side of home plate and next to the dugout. 493 attendance. RL Kid practiced his pretty-girl-wave in the car but he didn't see a pretty girl to wave at. Poor kid. AFL is a DEAL! Spring Training prices are 4x as much and many games are already sold out. I'm not so much a fan of baseball as I am a fan of cheap.

Old guys sitting near us spent the game talking investment strategies, cars they'd owned, urologists, blood draws, and dentists.

After trailing 1-0 the whole game the Peoria Javelinas beat the hapless Scottsdale Scorpions with a bases loaded walk-off home run.

Last edited:
The news is reporting that the SF Bay Area has the worst air quality in the world right now.

But yeah, our county is sending all the kids to school still.

Well...is the air quality better at home than it is at school?

We had the worst air quality in the world this summer. Welcome to the club!

I don't ever remember air quality issues from forest fires when I was a kid. Seems like it's just been in the last five or so years that it has become a thing.

Damon, a Vieux Carré sounds like hammer time.

Definitely enjoyed in small sips.
It was the first thing delivered to the table and I finished it about an hour later. It had one of those giant ice spheres in it. The aromatic of the citrus peel provided a nice nose.
Good stuff!

Top Bottom