::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

My nephew is flying here as I type this. His roommate is fighting in the Bellator MMA fight in Honolulu on Saturday, the first major one held here. We are going.

My buddy lives in a pretty tony neighborhood in Paris.
He just sent me a photo of cars on fire just up the block from his place.
He said "the hoodlums" will likely be back at it this weekend too.
I hope he stays safe.

I've been buried in schoolwork and just see Yahoo reports. Is it protesting "climate change" like I read about last week or something else?

Feeling so ignorant.

My nephew is flying here as I type this. His roommate is fighting in the Bellator MMA fight in Honolulu on Saturday, the first major one held here. We are going.

MMA is the last thing I want to see.

MMA is the last thing I want to see.

I have a friend who was going on and on about Ancient Rome and how barbaric it was to feed people to lions, fight to the death etc.

When I suggested that the NFL, MMA, boxing, people watching racing to see the crashes etc. (all sports he loves) were all just replacements for the ancient Roman sports because we as a people like to see people try to hurt each other, he started off trying to defend the sports and then conceded. I didn't even have to say anything.

MMA isn't for me either but I like boxing. But even now, I rarely, if ever watch boxing.

I guess because I grew up with Ali and than Sugar Ray Leonard. Boxing kind of lost me with Tyson. He brawled more than boxed if that makes sense.

No judgement about what people enjoy watching except maybe bull fighting, dog fighting and chicken fights. Well, I actually don't care about the chicken fights either. To me, bull fighting is just torturing the poor animal. It doesn't have a chance. And dog fighting seems cowardice to me. Letting dogs fight to the death or severe injury and you have absolutely no risk of getting hurt.

I have a friend who was going on and on about Ancient Rome and how barbaric it was to feed people to lions, fight to the death etc.

When I suggested that the NFL, MMA, boxing, people watching racing to see the crashes etc. (all sports he loves) were all just replacements for the ancient Roman sports because we as a people like to see people try to hurt each other, he started off trying to defend the sports and then conceded. I didn't even have to say anything.

MMA isn't for me either but I like boxing. But even now, I rarely, if ever watch boxing.

I guess because I grew up with Ali and than Sugar Ray Leonard. Boxing kind of lost me with Tyson. He brawled more than boxed if that makes sense.

No judgement about what people enjoy watching except maybe bull fighting, dog fighting and chicken fights. Well, I actually don't care about the chicken fights either. To me, bull fighting is just torturing the poor animal. It doesn't have a chance. And dog fighting seems cowardice to me. Letting dogs fight to the death or severe injury and you have absolutely no risk of getting hurt.

I forgot Rocky Balboa :biglaugh:

Is there any reason I get much colder after my heart problems or ongoing heart problems?

Also, I have an appointment on Jan. 14th to see if my ejection infraction rate has improved. I'm kinda hopeful it has because my blood pressure has gone up and the cardio doc said that's a good sign.

Just got an email stating our heating is down.

Good thing we're in California and not somewhere really cold because I'm miserable in here.

Since I'm in a cooking classroom, I just turned on all the ovens and opened the doors a bit. Should be toasty soon.

I've been buried in schoolwork and just see Yahoo reports. Is it protesting "climate change" like I read about last week or something else?

Feeling so ignorant.
no, it’s not. Listen to NPR every morning, they will keep you updated on world events without the hype. For gawds sake Gary, you’re a teacher and a father.

If you have an echo set it for a “NPR flash briefing”. It’s quick, concise, and you’ll know what’s happening in the nation and world.

Is there any reason I get much colder after my heart problems or ongoing heart problems?

Also, I have an appointment on Jan. 14th to see if my ejection infraction rate has improved. I'm kinda hopeful it has because my blood pressure has gone up and the cardio doc said that's a good sign.

Perhaps it affects your circulatory system. Are you allowed to exercise yet? How about walking?

no, it’s not. Listen to NPR every morning, they will keep you updated on world events without the hype. For gawds sake Gary, you’re a teacher and a father.

If you have an echo set it for a “NPR flash briefing”. It’s quick, concise, and you’ll know what’s happening in the nation and world.

Since we commute to school James does his homework on the way home and finishes up once we get home. In the morning he reads for thirty minutes on the way to school so I never have my radio on.

At home I'm correcting or making time to hang out with James and Mika.

Teachers, especially English teachers, really have no life during the school year.

Perhaps it affects your circulatory system. Are you allowed to exercise yet? How about walking?

I'm only getting about 7000 steps per day. My right calf just below the muscle gets very, very sore like a cramp but not quite. I guess it gets really, really tight. But I've been stretching it a bit and it's slowly getting better. I spent about a year not doing anything because of my heart. I couldn't walk more than 25-30 yards without having to rest because I was short of breath and my heart would be racing. Now my heart feels fine and I don't get out of breath but my right calf limits my walking. I'm working on it and it gets a little better every week.

Since we commute to school James does his homework on the way home and finishes up once we get home. In the morning he reads for thirty minutes on the way to school so I never have my radio on.

At home I'm correcting or making time to hang out with James and Mika.

Teachers, especially English teachers, really have no life during the school year.
NPR flash briefing takes about 3 minutes.

Mika said it's because I'm not as fat any more.

Still fat, just not "as fat."

Start walking more. Can you eat a half of banana everyday? That will help with your muscles cramping up.

Start walking more. Can you eat a half of banana everyday? That will help with your muscles cramping up.

I think cramping was a poor choice of words. It's really just a sever tightening just below the muscle. I haven't had it looked at but I have a feeling it's tendon related because the pain isn't in the muscle itself.

Top Bottom