Page 2330 of 2407 FirstFirst ... 133018302230228023202328232923302331233223402380 ... LastLast
Results 23,291 to 23,300 of 24062

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

sitting in a meeting

pretty sure this is shortening my lifespan
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulelerob View Post
    I was thinking about how crowded it seems around here sometimes. When I was born there were 152.3 million people in the US. Now more than 327 million. That's more than 2X in near seventy years. Which is just a blink in world history. Of course the population of the planet has tripled in that same period of time.

That makes me think about resources/need ratio. A dystopian future? Colonies on other planets?

QOTD:
    Wad da ya think?
    Well...Soylent Green is people.

Seriously, though - I believe the population growth rate is exponential and is going to be a real problem real soon. I don't know a lot of the answers, but I do reflect sometimes on our place in the US as one of the most privileged populations in the world. We have the luxury to complain about GMO crops and pesticides and to buy organic this and that while other societies just want - and need - something to eat. We have a hideous imbalance of power and privilege on this planet and I don't know what to do about that. But I am afraid that the planet's ability to support this human population is coming to a breaking point and we need to do something before it breaks and crashes catastrophically. A controlled crash landing is better than plowing in nose first.
    1:99
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

The PoHo Store

I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

And a day late, but hopefully better late than never:

The PoHo Store

So yesterday I was lecturing in class and I was saying I needed a floppy disk reader because I had a bunch at home and I didn't know what was stored on them. I held one up for the class to see and asked if anyone had seen one before. This girl who hadn't really been paying attention looks up and says "OMG! You have a 'save' icon!! Where did you find it? That would go perfect with my 'easy' button!"

Only two students out of thirty-one knew what it was.

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    So yesterday I was lecturing in class and I was saying I needed a floppy disk reader because I had a bunch at home and I didn't know what was stored on them. I held one up for the class to see and asked if anyone had seen one before. This girl who hadn't really been paying attention looks up and says "OMG! You have a 'save' icon!! Where did you find it? That would go perfect with my 'easy' button!"

Only two students out of thirty-one knew what it was.
    I remember creating a hard copy recovery "disk" for a Windows95 computer once. It took 33 disks to hold the whole thing.
    The PoHo Store

\m/ahalo for the birthday wishes guys!
    I can't believe I spaced on Stephen's this year!

Anyway music at Canoe Hut tonight I can't wait will be a blast I wish you all could come!
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

I remember installing Windows on customer PCs - all 31 floppies. Took a looooong time.

What would really suck is when you got a read error on disk 29...
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

Quote Originally Posted by Pueo View Post
    I remember installing Windows on customer PCs - all 31 floppies. Took a looooong time.

What would really suck is when you got a read error on disk 29...
    In 1981 I was walking with a buddy across campus at SJSU and he dropped his stack of punched cards.

He was seriously on the verge of tears.

Passionately Untalented

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    Well...Soylent Green is people.

Seriously, though - I believe the population growth rate is exponential and is going to be a real problem real soon. I don't know a lot of the answers, but I do reflect sometimes on our place in the US as one of the most privileged populations in the world. We have the luxury to complain about GMO crops and pesticides and to buy organic this and that while other societies just want - and need - something to eat. We have a hideous imbalance of power and privilege on this planet and I don't know what to do about that. But I am afraid that the planet's ability to support this human population is coming to a breaking point and we need to do something before it breaks and crashes catastrophically. A controlled crash landing is better than plowing in nose first.
    The human infestation? Call the exterminator?

One child per couple. If one of the pair has produced an offspring they're done.
    Uke Players Do It With Four Strings.
    YouTube | Facebook
    ...I think life should be a musical... Tammy
    1:25367

Thread Information