::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Here's something cool yet vaguely terrifying. We have inch thick travertine stone tiles on the patio. A nest of tiny ants has drilled up through the middle one of the tiles.

VAGUELY terrifying? If they can drill through travertine they can DRILL RIGHT THROUGH YOUR SKULL AND INTO YOUR BRAIN WHERE THEY WILL CONTROL YOUR BODY IN THEIR ATTEMPT TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD.

Hey Kernaltime! Good morning. Where you located? It's still morning here.

I am going to use my mental powers to say that Kerneltime is located in Saratoga, California. And spelling, Gary - Kerneltime, not Kernaltime.

VAGUELY terrifying? If they can drill through travertine they can DRILL RIGHT THROUGH YOUR SKULL AND INTO YOUR BRAIN WHERE THEY WILL CONTROL YOUR BODY IN THEIR ATTEMPT TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD.
If ants were the size of dogs we would be toast..

I am going to use my mental powers to say that Kerneltime is located in Saratoga, California. And spelling, Gary - Kerneltime, not Kernaltime.

One town south of cupertino

For a second. Just a second. I thought Jon was a genius.

Turns out . . . I'm not.

In my defense, I'm trying to monitor a Socratic Seminar and PoHo at the same time. It's been so slow around here I'm out of practice. Been having to actually teach these last couple of years.

There's a girl in my class during brunch gyrating awkwardly.

Me: What are you doing?
Girl: I'm all itchy from swimming.
Me: When I was in high school we had this weird-by-today's-standard of showering after PE.
Girl: EWWWWWW. AT SCHOOL?!

There's a girl in my class during brunch gyrating awkwardly.

Me: What are you doing?
Girl: I'm all itchy from swimming.
Me: When I was in high school we had this weird-by-today's-standard of showering after PE.
Girl: EWWWWWW. AT SCHOOL?!

I agree with her. Worst part of the school day. My favorite PE subject ever? Riflery. No change of clothes required (and it was fun). We had a rifle range in the basement under the auditorium. By the time Ben went there it had been turned into wardrobe/props storage for the theater department. No more rifles at school.

Here's how this morning went:
Alarm at 5:30am because Lana'i.
Start getting ready, read email, important client is down.
Decide I have enough time to reboot servers for important client. Remote in and reboot servers.
Now there is no longer enough time to shower.
Eh, I'm good for today, so leave to catch TheBus.
It is raining. Hard. So get nice shower on the walk :)
TheBus is late, but I am catching the earlier one.

Bus driver stops bus in Pearl City and makes us all get off and get on another bus.
By the way, we go from an articulated bus into a standard. Yay!

I start emailing my Lana'i folks I might not make it.

Finally get to airport and jog to terminal.

TSA moves really swiftly until I get to the scanner, which decides to act up three people before me.

Get routed to metal detector, collect my bag, and RUN to gate.

I mean RUN. Actually felt good I had not run in a while. Jogged, sure, but I actually ran.

Get to gate, the just closed the door.

Ah fak.

Head to Hawaiian Air lounge for an espresso and now riding TheBus to my office.

I could have showered and slept in!

Decide I have enough time to reboot servers for important client. Remote in and reboot servers.

Bus driver stops bus in Pearl City and makes us all get off and get on another bus.

TSA moves really swiftly until I get to the scanner, which decides to act up three people before me.

I mean RUN. Actually felt good I had not run in a while. Jogged, sure, but I actually ran.

Ah fak.

Buggah!

10ltrs

Last edited:
Hi, Hos. I'm home from the hotel in Tampa, and the cancer center, for four or five days of rest. We got a lot accomplished; several tests, several trainings, a couple of treatments, and a few doctor's meetings. It has been tough and exhausting, but I'm hanging in there.

We go back again on Tuesday of next week for another training, a doctor's checkup, and more IV steroids. It'll just be one night at the hotel, that trip. Then we come back home for a few more days.

After that we go back the following Sunday, I think, and won't be back for over a month, most of which will be spent inpatient at the hospital....

Ah fak.

Do you just go to Lanai tomorrow then or is that it for the week?

Hi, Hos. I'm home from the hotel in Tampa, and the cancer center, for four or five days of rest. We got a lot accomplished; several tests, several trainings, a couple of treatments, and a few doctor's meetings. It has been tough and exhausting, but I'm hanging in there.

We go back again on Tuesday of next week for another training, a doctor's checkup, and more IV steroids. It'll just be one night at the hotel, that trip. Then we come back home for a few more days.

After that we go back the following Sunday, I think, and won't be back for over a month, most of which will be spent inpatient at the hospital....

Are you staying at a hotel between appointments and treatments? I was getting confused as to what is what. I have a good feeling about your new treatment. Stay positive Don.

Are you bringing a uke with you when you have long treatments or is that not possible?

I had hidden hopes of trying to make it to TBUG this year. It can't happen, as I will be in the hospital that weekend.

Maybe next year!

I know Miss Mim had expressed interest in visiting me at the hospital, and as much as I would love to to see her, it just won't work. The doctors say it is technically allowed, but really ill-advised. I am expected to be very ill that weekend, and very susceptible to infection.

I'd love it if anyone who cared to might play a song in my memory that week. I'm sure it would work to spread the PoHoMoJo, and lift my spirits. I'm particular fond of Merle Haggard's stuff, especially Momma Tried and Sing Me Back Home. Anything by Hank Williams would be a winner, too.

I so deeply appreciate all the wonderful support I'm be given by my PoHo family. Thank you, my friends....

Top Bottom