::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Moving is very chaotic and disruptive, even when well organized.
PoHoMoJo to RL Kid, hope he enjoys the journey and the new digs.

Breathe.

It'll happen.

Drove to Bloomington and waited at the DMV for 2 hours to be told that I had to get a date on the signed title from the dealership that bought it from the dealer I got it from. So stupid, why? How could it possibly matter? The first transfer had a date and the 3rd transfer had a date and there were only 30 days in between. At least I wasn't the poor Asian student, they wanted an insane amount of different things for him to get a driver's license.

And a fancy one!
You don't see the sleeper box on any trucks here.
No overnight road trips, ever.

Well, considering you can see the entire island in a day there’s not any need for one. No long haul driving in Hawaii.

I got the feeling it wasn’t part of the chain you spoke of, it had its own website. Did you eat there? Why shouldn’t I try it? It’s reviews that I read were mixed.

When a former sushi chef tells you not to eat at a certain restaurant you just don't go there! :)

The "Japanese" dishes weren't even close to tasting how they were supposed to taste. We didn't touch about three of the things we ordered because they just weren't right so they took them off the bill. The udon was sour like there was vinegar in it. The chicken karaage was hard little nuggets drenched in a siracha mayo sauce. The teriyaki beef was thin slices of beef boiled in the sauce so it was Karai (overly salty, bitter; I don't think there's an English equivalent). The tempura was more like a beer batter and it was burned both for the udon, and my side dish so they must cook it that way all the time. The rice for the sushi was more "Korean" than Japanese. There's a difference.

Hey Sally,

San Sen Gumi in Fountain Valley is amazing. It's a yakitori place. They also have a ramen side but we didn't eat there.

Honda Ya in Tustin is also fantastic!

Tonight I think I went over my limit of salt but hey, you need a cheat day once in a while :)

Hey Sally,

San Sen Gumi in Fountain Valley is amazing. It's a yakitori place. They also have a ramen side but we didn't eat there.

Honda Ya in Tustin is also fantastic!

Good to know.

Sally don’t go to Kura Sushi in Costa Mesa. It’s not part of the franchise and it’s notgood. We’re hitting up some other place to eat on the way back to the hotel.

Gary here’s your original post. You didn’t say you actually ate there. That’s why I asked. I wasn’t challenging your authority, I was just asking why I shouldn’t try it, that’s all.

Top Bottom