::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

We also voted in Tuck for superintendent.

He was the more competent candidate on paper but he has a history of supporting charter schools and I'm scared he's on the DeVoss band wagon.

Minnesota did great last night.
The national election was okay.

Indiana is same old same old as far as I know.
The local people would probably have won with or without my vote. Statewide my vote didn't do much.
The whole thing is kinda depressing. But it's the best I could do.
Like I said, same old same old.

Arizona came close, but no cigar. 3rd party vanity-candidate affected the result. I think my preferred candidate had to run so hard to the center that she couldn't bring along enough 3rd party support. In an election where the 2 major party candidates are separated by only 16,000 votes the 3rd party candidate got 38,000+ votes.

Last edited:
I'm at a meeting with the sophomore and freshman teams.

feels very much like Westside Story

We're talking about who should teach what for writing.

We also voted in Tuck for superintendent.

He was the more competent candidate on paper but he has a history of supporting charter schools and I'm scared he's on the DeVoss band wagon.

Yeah, he’s not good.

My district got rid of our Putin loving rep Dana Rohrbacher after 30 years. Yay!

Indiana is same old same old as far as I know.
The local people would probably have won with or without my vote. Statewide my vote didn't do much.
The whole thing is kinda depressing. But it's the best I could do.
Like I said, same old same old.

It pisses me off, the farmers can't sell their soybeans because of Trump, but they vote for him anyways.

It pisses me off, the farmers can't sell their soybeans because of Trump, but they vote for him anyways.

I just hope the new congress takes advantage of the next two years to try to fix things instead of just getting revenge. Yes, I would love to see some heads roll in the current administration (the top head chief among them), but to have a chance to make this new majority last I think the new congress is going to have to make a real effort to cooperate. It's going to be a real delicate balancing act, but important to remember that the seats were flipped because people weren't happy with how the government was working and flippers are just as likely to flip back if this new group doesn't show that they can play politics better than their predecessors did.

I just hope the new congress takes advantage of the next two years to try to fix things instead of just getting revenge. Yes, I would love to see some heads roll in the current administration (the top head chief among them), but to have a chance to make this new majority last I think the new congress is going to have to make a real effort to cooperate. It's going to be a real delicate balancing act, but important to remember that the seats were flipped because people weren't happy with how the government was working and flippers are just as likely to flip back if this new group doesn't show that they can play politics better than their predecessors did.

I’m afraid their main job is just going to be saying NO to all the crap trump throws at them.

I’m afraid their main job is just going to be saying NO to all the crap trump throws at them.

I agree - but they will have the unenviable task to make each NO be an obvious NO for the benefit of the country. I'm happy to see some investigations if they can get concrete results, but if it LOOKS like they're just out for revenge for the last two years then the voters who flipped the seats hoping for something better will just see the revenge and will flip back. It's going to be a tough two years, for sure, and the new crew will need to carefully nurture the image that they're fighting the uphill battle to make the country better. The Senate and Administration will try to paint the new House as obstructors - they will need to spin things so the public sees they were trying to improve things and it was the Senate and 45 who caused the obstructions.

I agree - but they will have the unenviable task to make each NO be an obvious NO for the benefit of the country. I'm happy to see some investigations if they can get concrete results, but if it LOOKS like they're just out for revenge for the last two years then the voters who flipped the seats hoping for something better will just see the revenge and will flip back. It's going to be a tough two years, for sure, and the new crew will need to carefully nurture the image that they're fighting the uphill battle to make the country better. The Senate and Administration will try to paint the new House as obstructors - they will need to spin things so the public sees they were trying to improve things and it was the Senate and 45 who caused the obstructions.

Not revenge, it'd be reconstruction.

Top Bottom