::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Hi Sukie!
Yes, St. Paul girl x 47 years.
Thx for your warm welcome.
Headed up to Two Harbors for the Ukulele Carnival in August, per chance?
Not quite the Ukulele Congress, but a beautiful setting.
Laurie Kallevig of Survivor Girl Ukulele Band plans to stay with me and my friends.
http://www.twoharborsukulelegroup.com/ukulele-carnival/

Two Harbors, above Duluth on Lake Superior, seems like a million years but I know the area. It is beautiful! Someday Rob and I will have to venture out and check out more festivals. Oh, BTW, hello Tracie and welcome. I'm UkuleleRob's sister...Lynn.

Last edited:
Hanging out in the hotel room waiting for housekeeping to show up.

James and I are burned out and tired of crowds and lines. Today we went to the pool and now we're hanging in the room. When housekeeping comes we'll head to the lobby and hang out until they're done. We're just playing on our devices anyhow.

Should have stayed at a Cardinal Sheridan

Speaking of whole foods, it astounds me how disconnected we have become from our food. I met a guy who grows his own chickens for eggs and meat. Not unusual to meet people in Portland who keep backyard chickens for eggs here. Most are treated as pets and they get to live out their lives after they stop producing. A lot of people would not dream of eating their backyard chickens. Anyhow I saw the guy get attacked for growing his chickens for meat. This woman was asking questions about the chickens and when she found they go in the pot from time to time, she was appalled. She said it was barbaric to slaughter those poor chickens. I thought she must be vegetarian until she told him he should buy his meat from the supermarket like any other civilized human being does. I wonder where she thinks the chicken from the grocery store comes from and how it was processed to get it into those packages?

Speaking of whole foods, it astounds me how disconnected we have become from our food. I met a guy who grows his own chickens for eggs and meat. Not unusual to meet people in Portland who keep backyard chickens for eggs here. Most are treated as pets and they get to live out their lives after they stop producing. A lot of people would not dream of eating their backyard chickens. Anyhow I saw the guy get attacked for growing his chickens for meat. This woman was asking questions about the chickens and when she found they go in the pot from time to time, she was appalled. She said it was barbaric to slaughter those poor chickens. I thought she must be vegetarian until she told him he should buy his meat from the supermarket like any other civilized human being does. I wonder where she thinks the chicken from the grocery store comes from and how it was processed to get it into those packages?

As someone who has chickens and has eaten his own chickens, I'd rather buy them from the store.

It’s a good thing that woman never ran into the woman who grows rabbits to butcher. Most west coasters can’t stomach the thought someone would kill Thumper to put into the stew pot.

Safe travels Pere!!

Btw how is B VB doing? Will he be trailing behind you?

B V-B is staying behind. He's going to try to be the family man. He knows there's a way if he comes to Phoenix. Mrs Pere is taking the separation very hard.

As someone who has chickens and has eaten his own chickens, I'd rather buy them from the store.

I’d rather buy them from the store too. It was the fact any chickens were killed at all which appalled her and she thought anyone who would kill a chicken was evil. Well, the supermarket chicken had to be killed to end up on her plate. So whether she likes it or not, she’s responsible for that chicken being killed on her behalf. At least that is how I view eating meat. I know I’m responsible for the creature whose flesh I am partaking, whether that came from direct or indirent means.

Growing up our neighbors raised chickens and rabbits for food. It seemed normal at the time. I don’t think I could do it now but I support anyone else that chooses to butcher their own meat.

B V-B is staying behind. He's going to try to be the family man. He knows there's a way if he comes to Phoenix. Mrs Pere is taking the separation very hard.

I’m kind of glad he made that choice. I hope for his sake and those of his baby and baby mama he can do right by them. More prayers and well wishes for all involved.

My mom had chickens for eggs.
She did not eat the chickens, but we know from.time to time some chickens "disappeared" and it was likely some of the folks she hired to help care for the property. It was no big deal.

I have eaten fish I caught myself.
I lack the skill set to completely prep them but I participated with scaling and filleting.
I remember a larger fish I caught in the ocean once and I was really surprised at the amount of blood, not like a lake trout.

I think I also told you all about the rabbit in France.

Picked out a big fluffy one from the pen, put it in the basket on the bike, rode to the butcher shop in town handed it over, went across the street to the brasserie and had a beer or two, then picked up a nice white package and took it back home.
My buddy's mom made lapin en gelée, delicious!

Safe travels to the Père ohana.
Separation from B VB will be difficult, yet I hope it will be a good thing and he has some growth.

Growing up our neighbors raised chickens and rabbits for food. It seemed normal at the time. I don’t think I could do it now but I support anyone else that chooses to butcher their own meat.

I don't like doing it, but I don't feel any stinging remorse or anything. I really only did it with problem roosters. It's the plucking and cleaning that I can do without.

Top Bottom