::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I need trivia help. Our principal sends out trivia questions every Monday and Friday. I never knew you could ask for help until a couple weeks ago, so:

Continuing with Black History Month, there is one family that has been a huge influence on Hollywood and that is the Wayans Family – the ones behind such films as “The Scary Movie” series, “I’m Gonna Get You Sucka!”, “Little Man” among others as well as the creative force behind the influential show, “In Living Color”. Each one of the Wayans’ siblings are involved somehow in the movie/entertainment industry. How many siblings are there? And how many of the can you name? Super bonus points will depend on how thoroughly you answer.

Any idea?

I don't even like to think about what my M.Div. is costing. My MPA was about $9000 total. State school, in-state student, 25 years ago...

Mine was probably around there too.

My undergrad was pretty inexpensive because I did my AA first and then when I transferred I was done with upper division courses in 3 semesters plus a wintersession. 3 years for undergrad, 1 1/2 for MA. but I took courses for an extra semester because I had cashed out stocks so I wouldn't have to work. All I did for two years was golf and school. It was pretty awesome.

I need trivia help. Our principal sends out trivia questions every Monday and Friday. I never knew you could ask for help until a couple weeks ago, so:

Continuing with Black History Month, there is one family that has been a huge influence on Hollywood and that is the Wayans Family – the ones behind such films as “The Scary Movie” series, “I’m Gonna Get You Sucka!”, “Little Man” among others as well as the creative force behind the influential show, “In Living Color”. Each one of the Wayans’ siblings are involved somehow in the movie/entertainment industry. How many siblings are there? And how many of the can you name? Super bonus points will depend on how thoroughly you answer.

Any idea?

Ten Wayans siblings in total. Here's the Wikipedia info:

Dwayne Wayans (born July 20, 1956) is a writer and film score composer.

Keenen Ivory Wayans Sr. (June 8, 1958) is an actor, comedian, director, and writer.

Kim N. Wayans (October 16, 1961) is an actress. She is well known for her roles in many movies and television shows.

Damon Kyle Wayans Sr. (September 4, 1960) is an stand-up comedian, actor, writer and producer.

Shawn Mathis Wayans (January 19, 1971) is an actor and writer.

Marlon Lamont Wayans (July 23, 1972) is an actor and writer.

Nadia Wayans is an actress.

Elvira Wayans is a screenwriter.

Diedre Wayans is a screenwriter and producer.

Vonnie Wayans is a screenwriter.

Keenen Ivory Wayans Sr. (June 8, 1958) is an actor, comedian, director, and writer.

Kim N. Wayans (October 16, 1961) is an actress. She is well known for her roles in many movies and television shows.

Damon Kyle Wayans Sr. (September 4, 1960) is an stand-up comedian, actor, writer and producer.

Thank you. Stupid rules. We can't use google but nothing prevents you from asking others who do use the search engine. I've won two of the three last years on my own by the way. But this year I can't hang with everyone who are asking friends.

BTW, best ever over coat I had for wearing with suits was an Australian style oil cloth outback duster. Nothing got through that oil cloth. It was super long so suit pants stayed dry, had a huge collar you could flip up, and had a double front flap. Best overcoat ever.

If Bobby Curtis ever takes time off from his racing circuit - Dixie's (the former Leavitt's) in Sisters. Unfortunately the Spotted Mule in Bend closed their doors in 2010.

Years ago I bought hubby a duster. It just didn’t work well on him, we returned it. If we do move to rain Country we may have to revisit a duster.

Any idea?
I think there’s 5 siblings? Google the rest. You know everyone else does.

Ha! I should have scrolled...

Ha! I should have scrolled...

Monday's question what was the character's name who played the younger villain in Karate Kid II.

I FB messengered Yuji Okumoto in Seattle directly to ask him his character's name :)

*New name drop btw (it's been a while).
**Buddies with my friends in Portland and Seattle.

Monday's question what was the character's name who played the younger villain in Karate Kid II.

I FB messengered Yuji Okumoto in Seattle directly to ask him his character's name :)

*New name drop btw (it's been a while).
**Buddies with my friends in Portland and Seattle.

XozP0UQ.jpg

The sensei who trained Pat Morita is my SIL’s sensei. Yes, he’s still alive.C12B343A-2EFF-4805-980B-85AC85A6C49F.jpg

That's cool!

Luis has been training with him since he was a little kid. Luis is now teaching at his dojo, or what was his dojo, he no longer trains. This pic was recently taken at a event honoring him.

Isn’t my SIL good looking? I’m going to have gorgeous grandchildren.

Any idea?

Keenan Ivory Wayans, Marlon, Damon, Damon Jr., I think there is a Kim, and I know there are something like 5 or 6 other siblings...

Last edited:
The show was so good last night.
There are a lot of "island music" concerts here that play island/reggae music, and they usually have 15-20 bands over a couple of days.
We really like a few of the acts that go to those, but if I am paying $40 a head or more I want to hear more than just 2-3 songs from the groups I like, or have to be at a concert for hours just to hear a few songs we like.

So it was great to have a whole show of just Katchafire, in a small venue with great sound.

I just committed to playing ukulele on the sailboat on March 2nd.
I will be practicing heaps!

Lost some tree limbs in a winter storm the other night. Bummer. Nice tree.

... now if I could just find them.

Top Bottom