::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Rented a van yesterday, left the house at 4am drove to Chicago for a CITES inspection and drove home, 14 hours, I can still do it!

That doesn't sound like much fun, although I have to admit that driving through Indiana was pretty scenic.

Well...she's back at home now. There was some waffling at the last minute yesterday evening whether she would go home (she was cleared by the doctor but he also said she could stay another night if she felt like she should. I think she was having flashbacks of the time after Annie was born when she had to be readmitted twice for complications). I did lose my temper with the kids yesterday evening a bit...tears all around. I haven't been this stressed out in a long long time.

I'm hoping she's good as new soon, and that all can return to normal in the Carrot patch....

I'm hoping she's good as new soon, and that all can return to normal in the Carrot patch....

The stress of worrying about the most important person in your life while trying to help the kids not worry is a mental conflict that just can't sustain for very long. I had a good long, hard cry last night.

I have a CAT Scan scheduled for noon. I'm starving and I can't eat or drink.

I'm going someplace really good for lunch!

After my first colonoscopy I had an intense craving for pancakes from a particular diner about 7 miles down the road. I had never been there. Don't know why it got stuck in my mind. Now it's closed and a used car lot. It was called Victory Junction.

I know I would! Where do you want to eat?

IDK.

If I go someplace nice-ish I still have to ask that my food be unseasoned so it kind of takes away from going someplace really nice. I can make bland food at home.

The stress of worrying about the most important person in your life while trying to help the kids not worry is a mental conflict that just can't sustain for very long. I had a good long, hard cry last night.

((((Jon))))

After my first colonoscopy I had an intense craving for pancakes from a particular diner about 7 miles down the road. I had never been there. Don't know why it got stuck in my mind. Now it's closed and a used car lot. It was called Victory Junction.

I betcha I'm due for one of those again. They said every two years. I think because a couple of my polyps were pre-cancerous. What does that even mean?!

Oh joy!

Northern Indiana is boring! I live in the best part.

I'm happy with most of the state. Except perhaps the politics.
Most of the north end was scrape flat by the glaciers. The same one that put all the sand down on the shores of Lake Michigan... that Sally doesn't believe is here.

I'm happy with most of the state. Except perhaps the politics.
Most of the north end was scrape flat by the glaciers. The same one that put all the sand down on the shores of Lake Michigan... that Sally doesn't believe is here.

It's not that it's not sand. It's that it's not a beach.

And those same glaciers were the ones responsible for pushing all the sand and dirt and rocks down to Southern Indiana to make the lovely rolling hills there.

Top Bottom