::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

The political campaign print ads are starting. That should keep the box full (both mail box and recycle box) for the next couple of weeks....

What does new flute go for nowadays?? Sally?

You can buy a crappy one for $100. The Chinese have been producing crappy s** for years. It’s much better to find a name brand old school flute and have it repadded.

Artley, Gemeinhardt, and Yamaha are all decent old school brands. As a student you don’t want an open hole style and a Bb key is not necessary.

My only school instrument, other than the flutophone, was the clarinet.

I hated them both....

The clarinet was a rental, and I used to intentionally break the feeds to get out of practicing.

That worked, at first, until my mother got wise to me and bought a supply of spares....

It's 30 yrs old so the pads might need replacing.....the shop I went to doesn't do it but he referred me to someone who does. So I will give him a call and set something up.

Yeah after 30 years it might be a good idea.

The clarinet was a rental, and I used to intentionally break the feeds to get out of practicing.

That worked, at first, until my mother got wise to me and bought a supply of spares....

Then, I tried breaking the keys. My clarinet days were over, at that point (yay!!), no matter how much my parents loved Benny Goodman's music....

Then, I tried breaking the keys. My clarinet days were over, at that point (yay!!), no matter how much my parents loved Benny Goodman's music....

She: Get in there and practice your clarinet!
Me: I can't.
She: Why not?
Me: We're supposed to be practicing this key, and mine's broken. See?

Top Bottom