::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Elaine flew to NY this morning, on a trip that has been planned for six months, and can't be avoided. She changed her flights and left three days late to make sure I got home from the hospital okay. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she cuts it short and comes back early, too.

The rat bastards at the airlines charged her $375 to change her interary, which is more than the stupid trip cost in the first place! I swear, I don't know how some people sleep at night....

That's why I fly Southwest. Free checked baggage, no change fees (unless the new flight costs more than the old one - but a couple of time's I've changed flights and gotten money back in my account!). If they fly where you're going, they're the best. Still a budget airline, but without the fees fees fees.

I ordered a few pucks of Van Der Hagen shaving soap today. No stores locally have any. I looked at four different stores, the last being Walgreens. The person there said "I don't know where you would find that". I said "I do, Amazon". I was trying to buy locally.

I THINK our local Target carries it.

That's why I fly Southwest. Free checked baggage, no change fees (unless the new flight costs more than the old one - but a couple of time's I've changed flights and gotten money back in my account!). If they fly where you're going, they're the best. Still a budget airline, but without the fees fees fees.

The only airline I use unless they don’t go where I need to go.

We have a rather new Senior Center we’ve never visited. Mike checked it out yesterday and brought home info. They serve lunch there M-F for $3-$5 depending your age. We thought we’d check it out and try their lunch. I just looked up the time they serve. 11:15? Who the hell eats lunch that early?

Old people.

By the way Don, I'm serious. I had to pay the change fee, but the person changing my reservation, when I told them why, told me how to submit the form, which I had to Fax to the airline, and they refunded my change fee within five days.

My brother-in-law did the same thing when he injured his knee on a ski trip.
I think it would be worth your while to at least call and ask.

Don,
Write a letter to Consumer Affairs for the airline explaining the medical need for changing your flight.
They will likely waive the change fees.
Hawaiian airlines did that for us when we changed our flight to go see grams.
I believe your illness will qualify.
Good.luck!

Yeah, she's getting a letter from the doctors at the hospital, and will try to get them to change it....

This IS Southwest....

AND they are friendly

Blasphemy! .

Ain't it.

We have a rather new Senior Center we’ve never visited. Mike checked it out yesterday and brought home info. They serve lunch there M-F for $3-$5 depending your age. We thought we’d check it out and try their lunch. I just looked up the time they serve. 11:15? Who the hell eats lunch that early? (Me)

Old people.

Welcome to the club!

We have a rather new Senior Center we’ve never visited. Mike checked it out yesterday and brought home info. They serve lunch there M-F for $3-$5 depending your age. We thought we’d check it out and try their lunch. I just looked up the time they serve. 11:15? Who the hell eats lunch that early?

Old people.

That’s so we can be hungry again for the early bird supper.

My sister was out there during the 89 one I think. It seems like it was 40 or so seconds. She said she wondered during it... It's going to stop... right?

Have been offline for quite sometime. Am playing catch up now when I came upon this post...
I was in San Diego on June of 1992. Got woke up at about 5 a.m. by a wild earthquake. Was in a hotel on the ninth floor overlooking the bay. The building was really boogying! Car alarms going off, furniture walking across the floor, water sloshing out of the toilet. It lasted at least 45 seconds. Long enough that I remember wondering if it would ever stop. Amazing how long 45 seconds can feel. Many aftershocks came quickly which were just about as unnerving as the first one. I believe, if memory serves me that it was a 7. something on the Richter Scale. As I said, a little nerve racking when you come from an area where the land doesn't move around much of at all. Other than that, San Diego was beautiful.

Top Bottom