::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Breakfast done, Jello made, dishes done, kitchen floor swept, what's next?

Some lawn mowing to happen shortly today.

The last time I tried to play and sing I was surprised at what my illness has done to my voice. I had lost the lower register, and could not hit low notes I used to hit with ease. Hopefully, that'll prove to be temporary....

My singing was terrible at best in the past and when they did the ablation procedure on my heart they scorched my vocal chords. My singing voice is now virtually non existent. I can't hold higher notes without my voice either cracking or disappearing altogether.

My dreams of being a rock star have been crushed and the world has been spared of my attempts to even try :)

Then it'll be time for my morning pills. This morning, if I'm not mistaken, that'll mean 17 pills....

I think I take 7 different medications/vitamin supplements twice a day.

Heart
Diabetes
Cholesterol pills that compliment the diabetes pills even though I've never had a problem with high cholesterol

LOTF Chp. 9 is done. Poor Simon.

I asked the kids what stock character Simon represented and they couldn't give a definitive answer so I started going back and reading passages involving young Simon. They think it's magic and that I'm some super brain that is able to read between the lines. They think that of all their lit teachers actually. I told them I'd reveal my secret. Show them how the trick was done. And we read slowly. I pointed out word choice. Connotation. Denotation. Imagery. etc.

There is a point in the story where Simon is standing next to the base of the mountain "where a tree stood straight and another tree lay across it horizontally, held up by the mountain."

Girl that had complained that everyone "sees" things except her: "OMG. THAT'S A CROSS! SIMON IS STANDING IN FRONT OF A CROSS!! I DID IT. I DID IT. I GOT THE IMAGERY"

LOTF Chp. 9 is done. Poor Simon.

I asked the kids what stock character Simon represented and they couldn't give a definitive answer so I started going back and reading passages involving young Simon. They think it's magic and that I'm some super brain that is able to read between the lines. They think that of all their lit teachers actually. I told them I'd reveal my secret. Show them how the trick was done. And we read slowly. I pointed out word choice. Connotation. Denotation. Imagery. etc.

There is a point in the story where Simon is standing next to the base of the mountain "where a tree stood straight and another tree lay across it horizontally, held up by the mountain."

Girl that had complained that everyone "sees" things except her: "OMG. THAT'S A CROSS! SIMON IS STANDING IN FRONT OF A CROSS!! I DID IT. I DID IT. I GOT THE IMAGERY"

I have great kids again this year. They all cheered for her. When they settled down we talked about the importance of reading slowly to understand versus fast to just blow through homework. I give them 30-40 minutes of class time to read and discuss things they don't understand, clarify possible interpretations, and just work with each other as I walk around keeping them focused and on task.

With my health and energy back, I feel good about teaching again. I sucked the last few years and I'm a bit ashamed about that. By the time James gets here I should have my reputation restored. I haven't felt this good about my teaching in a long time. The biggest think I think the students get is that I care for them. Not just their grades, but them. And that's huge in getting them involved.

Stanford Prison Experiment revisited

Watching a video critical of the experiment but as a class were discussing the fallacies of this new experiment and how it applies to mob mentality and man's ability to be cruel.

I have great kids again this year. They all cheered for her. When they settled down we talked about the importance of reading slowly to understand versus fast to just blow through homework. I give them 30-40 minutes of class time to read and discuss things they don't understand, clarify possible interpretations, and just work with each other as I walk around keeping them focused and on task.

With my health and energy back, I feel good about teaching again. I sucked the last few years and I'm a bit ashamed about that. By the time James gets here I should have my reputation restored. I haven't felt this good about my teaching in a long time. The biggest think I think the students get is that I care for them. Not just their grades, but them. And that's huge in getting them involved.

I no doubt miss things when I read. Seeing those things is like solving a little puzzle. O I C.

Top Bottom