::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I had the nose piece/bridge foot pad come off and disappear on my glasses. I went by Wal-Mart and they replaced it for free. Which is nice because I hadn't bought that pair of glasses from them.

Just got back from Mary Poppins Returns.

What a delight!

Completely made you forget about everything for a couple of hours.

Wonderful!

Old age is rapidly catching up with my eyes.

I think I'm to the point where my reading glasses are necessary all the time so I guess they're no longer "reading glasses."

Old age is rapidly catching up with my eyes.

I think I'm to the point where my reading glasses are necessary all the time so I guess they're no longer "reading glasses."

Computer glasses changed my life.

Living near Pearl Harbor as I do, I often see F-22 Raptors flying around.
I just learned that what was left of the Raptors based in Florida that were not damaged by the hurricane landed here the other day, and will likely remain here.
What's more, some B-2s have also been relocated here.
I saw two take off today out the window from the office I am working in today.
Pretty cool.
I have seen a B-2 in flight before, but this is the first time I saw two at once!

Wow - I thought all the B-2s were stationed in the Midwest - I would love to see them like that!

I had the nose piece/bridge foot pad come off and disappear on my glasses. I went by Wal-Mart and they replaced it for free. Which is nice because I hadn't bought that pair of glasses from them.

My company will swap out nose pads for free - hard plastic for silicone or vice versa. Adjustments, too, but I think a lot of places do that. There was one optician - the supervisor in the clinic where I used to work - who was absolutely amazing at fitting glasses. He was a total pain in the tuchus to work with on an employee-to-employee basis, but if I went in there as a customer the service and quality of work was top notch. He retired probably 10 years ago or so and is still missed by his customers (and NOT missed by his colleagues. He was a real a$$).

I wear a pair all the time at work. The focusing distance is just different enough that normal readers don't cut it and my progressives have such a narrow zone for this distance that I'd be forever holding my head at a weird angle to see. And they're Zennis, so they were cheap!

I have those at home but I can't walk around with them.

When I go into restaurants, or have to read labels at stores I have to use my phone unless my son is with me. I'm going to have to get used to wearing my progressive lens glasses all the time except when I'm driving. It bothers me if I'm not looking out of the top portion, all the signs are a bit blurry.

I have those at home but I can't walk around with them.

When I go into restaurants, or have to read labels at stores I have to use my phone unless my son is with me. I'm going to have to get used to wearing my progressive lens glasses all the time except when I'm driving. It bothers me if I'm not looking out of the top portion, all the signs are a bit blurry.

Um...you're supposed to look at the signs out of the top portion. Do you tilt your head way back to look at the signs? I'm trying to figure out the logistics here.

Um...you're supposed to look at the signs out of the top portion. Do you tilt your head way back to look at the signs? I'm trying to figure out the logistics here.

I think the clear portion of my glasses is extremely narrow. The girl who fits me is about 4'10" and I don't think she takes height into consideration. For most things my head is tilted down slightly to look at people, see where I'm stepping etc. When I wear my glasses the looking down is even more pronounced because otherwise I'm looking out of the middle portion and things are again, blurry. When I'm driving and looking straight out at a distance, unless I dip my head signs are blurry. My last pair of glasses I asked them to make the clear portion a little bigger and those were awesome. And they were also the pari that got stolen out of my care with my backpack.

Top Bottom