::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Worked today. Now I’m off for the next almost 2 weeks. Yay!

Mike and I are flying to Washington actually Oregon and then driving to Washington on Saturday. So tomorrow will be spent packing. I love packing for a trip.

I hope you get to visit the Carrotses and maybe even the Soos too?

I went through several bags of 8 O'Clock. It was good, and cheap, but not quite what I like. I don't have a problem with cheap coffee if it's good and the style I like; the 8 O'Clock just wasn't quite the thing. There's a Seattle's Best roast that I like a lot that frequently goes on sale for a good price. I cringe that it's "Seattle's" best, because being a Portlander I have to have that attitude. But whatever. It's good. I'm trying a Trader Joe's roast right now that is VERY good but a little more expensive than I usually spend. I just need to get a solution worked out for my roaster so I can do my own more consistently. Ever since I turned my workshop into my study for school I have been reluctant to roast beans in there - it gets VERY stinky!

I once bought green beans, had no idea that I was supposed to roast them. I put them in a grinder and it was like trying to grind gravel, they were super hard, but I managed to break them up a little. Made "coffee" with them and it was OK, interesting, like tea.

Worked today. Now I’m off for the next almost 2 weeks. Yay!

Mike and I are flying to Washington actually Oregon and then driving to Washington on Saturday. So tomorrow will be spent packing. I love packing for a trip.

I still pack like I'm in my 20's and might end up stranded in a jungle somewhere. Lugged my boots to Thailand last time and never wore them one.

I still pack like I'm in my 20's and might end up stranded in a jungle somewhere. Lugged my boots to Thailand last time and never wore them one.

I’m a crazy detailed packer. I’ve been setting selected clothes aside for this trip for over a week. Today the suitcase will come out, things will be added and others will go back in my closet. I blame it on 10 years of traveling to the field and wanting to pack EXACTLY what I need each time.

So basically this is entirely your fault.

I'll take a Moons over my Hammy please!

That was my "go-to" meal for Denny's as well.

I need to get something new. Can't have the ham now. I should check it out since I qualify for the Senior discount there!

After all these years of traveling there, I'm finally okay with packing light to Hawaii. Our time share places all have washer/dryers. I've only worn pants once ever because I thought Alan Wong's had a "slacks" dress code. Twice. Rumors used to have a dress code and I went there to visit a friend. I only pack a couple of aloha shirts and a handful of tee-shirts, four/five pairs of shorts, enough underwear for a week, a pair of sneakers that rarely get unpacked, and my slippas.

I used to pack like I was moving there. Mika has gotten much better too. We can do Hawaii with a suitcase packed into a larger suitcase to bring things home. And 2/3 carry ons. Usually a computer and last time we brought a gaming console because of all the kids.

At home in NY, I weigh myself daily. Here, I have no scale. I'm afraid of what I may see when I get back to my scale....

I'm supposed to weigh myself daily and report any large spikes in weight gain. I guess it's to keep an eye on my water retention. If I have a spike I'm supposed to take diuretics for a few days.

Top Bottom