::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

On fish. 5 bass together are fish. 5 bass and 3 crappie together are fishes. That's what I was taught anyhow.

That's because 5 bass are multiple of the same species - so it's fish.

5 bass and 3 crappie are a group of two different species of fish - so fishes is acceptable.

I have no idea how that applies to deer because in the U.S. we have whitetail deer, and mule deer. But I've only heard cousins Cooter and Bufford talk about "them thar deers".

Maybe it remains deer because the whitetail and mule deer also interbreed, so at the end of the day it's like talking about your second aunt's great cousin twice removed. They are all family.

Last edited:
But then again vocabulary isn't taught in schools now.

I met someone who was using the word "simplized". As in "We simplized how to do that task." They didn't know that there was the word - simplified.

Spelling isn't taught to younger kids any more, either. Kids are encouraged to sound out and spell words in whatever way works for them. It kills me.

Spelling isn't taught to younger kids any more, either. Kids are encouraged to sound out and spell words in whatever way works for them. It killz me.

Fixt it fore u.

Uv course u can chooz to disagree.

It's one of those words that people used so often that it became acceptable over time.

Kinda like, saying something many times, that is not true or correct, and many people may accept it as fact?

I’m still wondering why the word cancelled is often spelled canceled at airports.

Two kids gone now. I think 1 or 2 more and I won't have to spend all my time with classroom management and I can actually teach.

KENVIN!!!

​... cause you know he's going to say something at some time.

Two kids gone now. I think 1 or 2 more and I won't have to spend all my time with classroom management and I can actually teach.

... this sounds rather ominous.

Top Bottom