::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I haven't asked but the cardiologist says I shouldn't have more than the RDA with is 2g. I've been trying to stay close to that with an occasional lapse in judgement.

I've gotten used to it and I can really taste when something is salted now. I'm actually starting to appreciate the "true" taste of the food I'm eating. I haven't eaten Korean BBQ or Mexican or Chinese food since August now. Mexican was my least favorite and now it seems to be what I crave most. Two days ago I made tacos that were salt free but cooked two batches and salted the batch for James and Mika. James had eight of them! I do that with meat and other things now. I cook two batches and salt one. We've also cut down on eating out because I got tired of salads with balsamic vinegar and steamed veggies for my entree. The only Korean food I've had is bi bim bap with tofu instead of the seasoned meat it usually comes with. My local place also leaves out the pickled vegetables for me and adds more fresh.

But yeah, bland is my new normal.

Does it change how you look back at your restaurant career?

That makes it worse then. There are a lot of unexplained scenes or scenes that make you question its necessity. There are some great bits of info that tie into the Potter series. We get to see what Nakini (so?) looks like before she permanently became a giant snake. They also introduce Lita Lestrange who must somehow be related to Bellatrix. I never read any of the novels. I need to make time to do that.

Nagini.

:)

I feel like our minister doesn't understand the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day. I'm not sure how to educate her politely. But, as a veteran, her mentions in the service seemed ... uninformed.

I made that mistake in a parish and the veterans made sure I learned the difference. They weren't too worried about being polite. Hence I learned quickly and the lesson stuck.

We're going to NJ to visit the baby. Apparently Thanksgiving dinner will be at a seafood restaurant.

Soooooooooo.... that's a first. :/

We will go with Mrs Pere's mother to "the club". Many years it has been a group of a dozen or more. This year just the four of us. I love it. I can get an 18 year old scotch to start and then I don't have to eat turkey because the buffet is great. Endless shrimp cocktail for RL Kid. I'll have salad, cheeses, roast beef, ham, mashies and gravy.

Mrs Pere regrets that she will not be cooking the whole spread for a dozen or more. Me? Not so much. I've been part of the prep for her big meals. It is tyranny, pure and simple. She will begin holiday baking this week. First up: pies, pumpkin and pecan.

We're going to NJ to visit the baby. Apparently Thanksgiving dinner will be at a seafood restaurant.

With a baby, every restaurant is a “see food” restaurant. Ick.

Does it change how you look back at your restaurant career?

Not at all.

People would never come back if the food was perceived as bland.

As for my and my ticker, they think I caught some kind of virus that I didn't get looked at (typical me). So if you get any kind of persistent cough, tiredness, or whatever, get it checked out please. I thought I was just getting old and that's how I reasoned away my chronic tiredness.

I didn't over do the salt any more than anyone else.

In Fantastic Beasts it sounded like they were saying "Nikini". Last night I was watching the HP marathon and heard the correct name. Not a huge Potterhead but I thought all of the movies were well done except the last two. They were kind of slow.

We will go with Mrs Pere's mother to "the club". Many years it has been a group of a dozen or more. This year just the four of us. I love it. I can get an 18 year old scotch to start and then I don't have to eat turkey because the buffet is great. Endless shrimp cocktail for RL Kid. I'll have salad, cheeses, roast beef, ham, mashies and gravy.

Mrs Pere regrets that she will not be cooking the whole spread for a dozen or more. Me? Not so much. I've been part of the prep for her big meals. It is tyranny, pure and simple. She will begin holiday baking this week. First up: pies, pumpkin and pecan.

My wife instructs me in the kitchen too and she doesn't even cook!

We are thinking Mama's Korean BBQ this year if they are open. My sister had a luncheon thing yesterday from 12 to 4, but when you live 2 hours away and nobody is especially excited about it...and it might snow... well... we didn't go. Since mom died, I guess the mandatory holidays aren't such a thing anymore. everybody's kids are grown with their own things going on. It's fine with me, I'd rather not have to listen to supporters of the current regime spouting rhetoric.

My kitchen sink is plugged big time. I need to get under there and take off the p-trap and then snake from there if it's not gunk in the trap.

For now, I have a busstub of dishes at school, that I brought from home to wash.

Good times.

Weight of America's holiday turkeys over the decades:

1929 = 13.2 lbs
1967 = 18.6 lbs
2007 = 29.2 lbs
2015 = 30.2 lbs

I prefer to think America has learned the value of leftovers.

Or we're eating bloated, genetic monsters.

Or the presidents need to stop pardoning these things.

Top Bottom