::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Don! I am learning cup juggling! I am crap at it and my juggling enabler gave me some metal ones to practice at home... and they are loud when they hit because I am crap at it... so I am going to buy some plastic ones.

Fun! I hope you keep at it,, and "get" it....

I don't know about your man, but I'm just as happy when Mrs Pere skips my activities. I'm always aware of her presence, and if she is short on knowledge then I know that I will have a lot of unpleasant explanation on the way home. If I do something she disagrees with then there's even more back & forth. Very much a judger she; perceiver me. She requires words. I require emotions & relationships.

I wonder how spouse would describe me? Probably that everything is all about me. He might be thinking about work and I'm like "that face you're making, that means you hate me, right?" Not such an issue when my meds are right.

I wound up making a dog harness. It's not quite right for hugo so I have to shorten the chest strap, and I'll add a handle. It's a paracord project. I just started learning paracord braiding this week at the cabin. It goes pretty quickly, and it's basically just macrame imo.

They lost the game. I only ask because I feel like I should, but he and I both know I don't care, lol.

I've got an interview tomorrow for the Brown County Tourist Board. If I get hired, it's a 3 year position on a 13 member board.

Mojo!

I'm trying to think of what would make me want to do more/spend more in Brown County. Probably just that everything closes so early is the biggest issue for me.

I have some catch-up to do.
We had a blast on Big Island.
Will post some travelogue and pics later.

How's Bog Island?

Just got home.
We has a great time.
Long enough to be a little break, short enough not to break the bank.
Weather was mostly rainy and grey, bit we did get some beach time at the black sand beach.
Nanilei slipped (because it was raining and her slippers basically became skates) and her ankle was bothering her afterwards so that scrapped the hike to the green sand beach.
We did go explore where the recent lava happened.
HOLY CRAP!
Unreal.
Just the sheer volume of what is remaining, the height and width of the now solidified river of lava is just staggering.
Our adorable Airbnb was in Nanawale Estates, which is adjacent to Leilani Estates, where the fissure opened last year and swallowed up some 700 homes. We also went down and checked out the new black sand beach, at Isaac Hale Beach Park.
That beach is now a 40 foot tall wall of lava bordering a park and cliffs at the shore, and where the boat ramp and jetty used to be is now a huge black sand beach.
Pele did a lot of remodeling.

So frustrated!
Just went to upload some photos I took of the lava flow and there are none!
I don't know why...
Nani has some, I will have her forward them to me.

Just got home.
We has a great time.
Weather was mostly rainy and grey, bit we did get some beach time at the black sand beach.
Nanilei slipped (because it was raining and her slippers basically became skates) and her ankle was bothering her afterwards so that scrapped the hike to the green sand beach.
HOLY CRAP!
Unreal.
Just the sheer volume of what is remaining, the height and width of the now solidified river of lava is just staggering.
Our adorable Airbnb was in Nanawale Estates, which is adjacent to Leilani Estates, where the fissure opened last year and swallowed up some 700 homes. We also went down and checked out the new black sand beach, at Isaac Hale Beach Park.
That beach is now a 40 foot tall wall of lava bordering a park and cliffs at the shore, and where the boat ramp and jetty used to be is now a huge black sand beach.

Chuck showed me a picture of Bonnie standing beneath one of those huge walls of lava. I can't imagine what it looked like IRL.

Fun! I hope you keep at it,, and "get" it....

Trying! I honestly dont know how to regularly juggle but the cup tricks seem to sit well with my brain because they are like a puzzle. I will work on some basics this week.
The club also includes flow and I have some fire poi I found on the top of buffalo mountain that I have fixed up. So I am looking forward to getting good enough to light them on fire.
Also I work on my uke balancing at this event. So there is a lot of balancing arts as well which is super fun for me.

I've got an interview tomorrow for the Brown County Tourist Board. If I get hired, it's a 3 year position on a 13 member board.

You would be a great voice for that!

I was on our local art center board, I was even the president for a year. But personally I am not cut out for it and the last meeting I had a full on panic attack and resigned afterwards (they had just elected a new president, BTW, so I was off the hook).

I am going to serve on committees. I am more of a do-things person rather than a meet-about-it person and I was getting super frustrated. Because sometimes I felt like we talked circles for 2 hours and we had a few elitest board members that would talk about "Floyd natives" as if they had more sway because they had lived there longer. I have been here 7ish years, I think I have a valid opinion. Haha.

But I think you will do GREAT on yours! I hope you get it because you are a totally different and unique voice!

Just got home.
We has a great time.
HOLY CRAP!
Unreal.

That sounds amazing to see. Crazy how powerful it is. What a neat trip. Not the actual tripping, but like... trip as in adventure!

Well, I think the interview went OK, but I'm not sure if it's for me. I want to start new events that bring tourists to the town. I was told that though they have done that in the past, their mission is more to support events and not create them.

Top Bottom