::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Hi PoHos!
Went drifting with my nephew today.
I *LOVED* it!
So. Much. Fun!
Now I need to figure out if they do it on Oahu at all.
I mean legally of course.
I totally want to try and learn.
I may post some video if anyone cares.
It was a great time!
Nanilei and I both got to go on some runs with our nephew.
He is really good at it, I am impressed and proud of him.

We hit a few obon festivals last night. They were really tiny.

Last night San Jose had their Obon festival and there were 1,600 dancers. Last night there were 18 here. I don't know if they're all this small here or if San Jose's is huge but it was quite different from what I grew up with.

Mika and James get bored fast. I like people watching. Seeing the kids have fun, seeing families gather and connect with each other and old friends. I like that stuff.

Last night San Jose had their Obon festival and there were 1,600 dancers. Last night there were 18 here. I don't know if they're all this small here or if San Jose's is huge but it was quite different from what I grew up with.

Mika and James get bored fast. I like people watching. Seeing the kids have fun, seeing families gather and connect with each other and old friends. I like that stuff.

The food at the first festival was good. I had a California roll, James had some fried simian noodles and Mika had a corndog. James also got a shave ice since the booth was run by Shimazu Store (IMO the best shave ice). We were planning on hitting three festivals so we didn't eat much.

The next one was tiny. I ordered their "fried chicken" and it was disappoint. I'm going to take a guess that KFC out here offers a chicken bowl that includes rice and corn because this was KFC chicken over rice with corn thrown in. Regardless, it was definitely KFC. At home, none of the Obon Festivals bring in food. It's all cooked by the different groups that participate in the event.

much disappoint

Also dropped by a Target hoping to pick up some cheaper aloha shirts. Their selection was very small. It was a night of disappoint.

I miss Kmart. They had a great selection of shirts. Already tried the Walmart across from Like Like. They have a big selection but the quality and fit weren't as good as the "Bishop St." brand that Kmart used to carry.

Not really a big deal. I kinda' have more aloha shirts than any one person needs.

Up until last night I have been doing a pretty good job of monitoring my blood glucose level. That California roll plus a few "others" really put me over.

Back on it today. Need to make this a lifestyle change and not a "diet".

so weak

Our room has a Keurig so I've been drinking coffee every day. Last night I stopped in a coffee shop and found a small package of pods (12) that were 100% Kona beans. What a difference!

Made my morning cup on the lanai (balcony really) much better.

I like people watching too.

First group lesson with Avery Hill was this past Thursday. It’s a play campfire or party songs by ear class. For memorizing lyrics she suggests creating a story board. I’m finding the storyboarding helpful. #nowwhydidntithinkofthat

Last edited:
Top Bottom