::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Something for the computer geeks here. I use the Unicode to type degrees, symbols etc. (control + shift + U, and then the code)
Last weekend I showed my grand son on this computer. Now it won't work at all. Do you think I turned something off? I'm baffled.

Something for the computer geeks here. I use the Unicode to type degrees, symbols etc. (control + shift + U, and then the code)
Last weekend I showed my grand son on this computer. Now it won't work at all. Do you think I turned something off? I'm baffled.

You gave up the secret.

Your computer is angry at you.

In answer to Sally, I'm too big for a little sports car or compact. My head hits the roof, my knees hurt getting in and out, I bang my knees getting in, plus I like being able to see past cars in front of me or at least through their windshields.

Another thing is that we often drive kids around to practices and games etc., although the boys are hitting grown up size and we can't pack them in like we used to. They still happily sit three across but they're getting bigger quickly.

The reason I'm even considering it is because my current car has had two weird/rare problems already. I have a gut feeling that my car is just one of those off the assembly line that just isn't right. They're offering me about 9K more than what I've paid out so far which is also about 9K more than I still owe. Seems like a pretty good deal on paper.

I completely get it. With four kids my family car was a 15 passenger van. You never have enough room.

How ya' feeling Don?

Right now, really pretty good! General lack of stamina and energy, but that comes with the territory. I'm almost four weeks past the beginning of cycle one, so it stands to reason I'd be feeling better.

Cycle two starts Wednesday. Rinse, lather, repeat. I expect it to make me sick again, but it is what it is.

I started losing my hair a week ago Friday. I've lost probably 80% of the hair on my head, 90% of my beard, my lower eye lashes, and, strangely, the hair from my nostrils....

Right now, really pretty good! General lack of stamina and energy, but that comes with the territory. I'm almost four weeks past the beginning of cycle one, so it stands to reason I'd be feeling better.

Cycle two starts Wednesday. Rinse, lather, repeat. I expect it to make me sick again, but it is what it is.

I started losing my hair a week ago Friday. I've lost probably 80% of the hair on my head, 90% of my beard, my lower eye lashes, and, strangely, the hair from my nostrils....

Also strangely, it has yet to effect my mustache....

Hit the rapids again!! Last we went was 5 yrs ago and now we are an hour from class ii-iii rapids!! Today it was only 1000 cfs release so it was mellow but fun. Had some nice rapids and passed a couple outfitters who were impressed with us. It was good fun for 10.4 miles!! Crazy to see how much these kids really grew!! Pics on FB on the wifes account.

Hit the rapids again!! Last we went was 5 yrs ago and now we are an hour from class ii-iii rapids!! Today it was only 1000 cfs release so it was mellow but fun. Had some nice rapids and passed a couple outfitters who were impressed with us. It was good fun for 10.4 miles!! Crazy to see how much these kids really grew!! Pics on FB on the wifes account.

Next year we will do maybe 3 runs for the season. They release every weekend. There is one more mega release in October but I think it's a large 3500 cfs release!! That's alot of water for our 11 ft raft. I think they recommend at least a 15 fter at that rate!

Just figured out in our 3 trips we took privately it would have cost us about $750 the raft was only $500 and that was with 2 life vests and 3 paddles!!! So we scored on it. If we make the October run we are doing it no kids and another couple to check out a higher section of river with some sketchy stuff...like metal in the water...old railroad cars submerged. Ya know normal stuff.....

Just figured out in our 3 trips we took privately it would have cost us about $750 the raft was only $500 and that was with 2 life vests and 3 paddles!!! So we scored on it. If we make the October run we are doing it no kids and another couple to check out a higher section of river with some sketchy stuff...like metal in the water...old railroad cars submerged. Ya know normal stuff.....

Luckily I look at accident reports and there has only been a couple fatalities....and seems like the tourists didn't listen to the guides. This is the section of river I want to do next. As you scroll to bottom of page it tells you detailed way to navigate river.

https://www.americanwhitewater.org/content/River/detail/id/3137/

By the way, if you wash a comforter, your robe, your sheets, and your clothes all at the same time, the washing machine gets cranky. And goes for a walk. And keeps adding time to the timer while it tries to figure out what's going on.

NOW I can move the 12-year-old's laundry to the dryer and go to bed. Only 40 minutes late...

Mrs Pere & friends are going to see the Rolling Stones later. I'm staying home with RL Kid. I've seen the Stones a couple of times. I don't need to tress my hearing that much.

Top Bottom