::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Having a bad day?

No, but the talk like a pirate day thing has always bothered me. Somehow pirates became fun and jolly, and I don't quite get how that happened when pirates in reality weren't the least bit fun and jolly to their victims.

Hey Freeda, "charade" became became known as a game or puzzle because a "charade" is a false pretense.

I missed the yay for Matt boat last night because I fell asleep while reading posts.

So.

YAY MATT!!!

We chatted, it was cool.
He was playing at Lana'i Elementary today.

I still think it's hilarious that he thought he was supposed to know me and played if off like we were old friends that hadn't seen each other in a long time.

I'm going to tell Asa that story next time I see him.

We've kind of always glamorized criminals that way.

Billy the Kid was a cold hearted killer. Today he would be considered a serial murderer.

We make movies glorifying mob bosses etc.

I get it.

We've kind of always glamorized criminals that way.

Billy the Kid was a cold hearted killer. Today he would be considered a serial murderer.

We make movies glorifying mob bosses etc.

I get it.

I know - and I'm just letting off steam about something that has always just really puzzled me. How did pirates become cute and funny? The world still deals with piracy - and the results aren't pretty.

Hmmmm...would the same go for the first pilgrims and the Indians that were here??

So we are all kinda like pirates.....

As long as we keep glorifying the actions that have destroyed so many lives...yeah, we are.

Top Bottom