::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I cut my hair over the past couple of days. Now it's mostly how I want it so I'll go the the hairdresser and have her even it out.

Hmmmm...would the same go for the first pilgrims and the Indians that were here??

So we are all kinda like pirates.....

::redacted::

Made a snarky quip about the reasoning it was okay but don't want to start a philosophical debate on the ethics of religion.

I know - and I'm just letting off steam about something that has always just really puzzled me. How did pirates become cute and funny? The world still deals with piracy - and the results aren't pretty.

Kind of the same way school shooting/mass shootings have become desensitized I would imagine.

I've been knitting a hat, as usual, and it has been progressing nicely. At about 80% done it looked really nice, and was getting lots of compliments.

Somehow, yesterday, I dropped a stitch. It's something that has to be fixed, or the whole pattern looks "off". I couldn't find the problem, and started un-knitting it, stitch by stitch, trying to locate it.

In my attempts to fix it I just made things worse. This morning I had it to the point that I was convinced I couldn't correct it, and couldn't continue with it. I had to tear the whole thing apart, and just re-roll the yarn to start over again.

I hate when that happens....

I've been knitting a hat, as usual, and it has been progressing nicely. At about 80% done it looked really nice, and was getting lots of compliments.

Somehow, yesterday, I dropped a stitch. It's something that has to be fixed, or the whole pattern looks "off". I couldn't find the problem, and started un-knitting it, stitch by stitch, trying to locate it.

In my attempts to fix it I just made things worse. This morning I had it to the point that I was convinced I couldn't correct it, and couldn't continue with it. I had to tear the whole thing apart, and just re-roll the yarn to start over again.

I hate when that happens....

Is this considered a "First World" problem or just a frustration?

But yes, it does suck when your efforts have been wasted. At least you'll have a flawless project.

Hollywood for sure made pirates cool. Thanks Disney....

Disney's Captain Hook definitely made them harmless and goofy. Of course, Peter Pan predates Disney... Jack Sparrow is another bumbling pirate who turns out to be harmless and has a heart of gold in the end.

We've kind of always glamorized criminals that way.

Billy the Kid was a cold hearted killer. Today he would be considered a serial murderer.

We make movies glorifying mob bosses etc.

I get it.

Hell, we elect 'em president.

I know - and I'm just letting off steam about something that has always just really puzzled me. How did pirates become cute and funny? The world still deals with piracy - and the results aren't pretty.

Disney cartoons. Robert Louis Stevenson.

Top Bottom