::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

If you're wearing yoga pants, you probably want to carry tampons in your backpack and not your tiny yoga pants pocket.

Just an observation.

Disagree. Why "hide"? Menstruation happens. To like 50% of the human race. Who cares?

How to jump start a car.

How to write a letter (a real physical letter). My art teacher made us do this in high school and most of the kids had never sent a letter, he called us "letter virgins". We could pick who ever we wanted to send it to.

How to turn off the electricity and water in a house.

How to be polite and considerate.

How to do banking (deposits, signing checks, the difference between savings and checking)

The art of Thank You notes.

I just added:
purchasing a car
leasing an apartment
applying for a loan

Mike's suggestion about manners I'm going to employ, demand really, every day as part of the class expectations.

Hopefully it will become normal for them.

How to set the table

How to navigate a fancy set table (multiple forks, etc)

"Applied Economics" was a required class for all sophomores when I was in high school. It was a class devoted to the stuff you're looking into. Sure, it should be taught at home, but doing it in school at least gets everyone some training. I know this will come as a surprise...but not all parents are very invested in their children.

We did too, it was called "Consumer Economics". Taught by Ms Delehanty, who drove a firebird and was the first woman I ever knew who went by Ms.

She was a pistol. We wrote resumes too. And did basic household budgets based on local ads for housing, groceries, etc.

Don't think of it as checkbook balancing - think of it as reconciling your personal finances. Way too many people have no idea how much money they REALLY have available to them.

Agreed. Lots of times I authorize a transaction and it doesn't come thru til I've forgotten about it, and it messes me up.

I've been having a salad more often for lunch these days to keep my blood sugar down and hopefully lose some weight.

I mix all the ingredients in a fairly large bowl and I don't know why, but I really get a kick out of eating from the big bowl.

I too, enjoy a big bowl.

A very happy and healthy new day to all!

breadcrumb

We're at the cabin for a few days. Spouse is building a deer blind and we are trouble shooting a well issue. It's freaking gorgeous out. And my well-trained dog can hang out with me off leash with no issues. Life is good.

So bored.

My kids are watching a video about Poetry Slams. It's our next unit and I've been doing this since I started so I can pretty much recite the video.

Youtube Kinetic Affect. That's our local slam poetry group.

My resistance (get it?) to electric cars is a combination of range and recharge. I know that there is a growing network of charging stations, but the time to “fill up” remains too long. I like a cross country road trip. I’m on one now.

Autonomous cars would be a boon to people like my MIL. Shouldn’t be driving, but is. I don’t think she’d give up control though.

There for the generation behind mine, I think.
Chevy volt was the solution there. But now they've killed production.

There may be a growing network of recharging stations, but not here. Not yet.

I can't even think of one place, locally. I'd have to be able to be sure I could get the car home before it ran out of charge, and then be stuck there as long as it took to recharge it....

Normal chargers take a few hours. So I can get a half a charge at the movies.

Tesla superchargers take about 20 min last time I looked.

Top Bottom