::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Wait a minute!!!! You live in St. Paul???? You are my neighbor! I live in Burnsville. Welcome. I’m
Sukie.

Hi Sukie!
Yes, St. Paul girl x 47 years.
Thx for your warm welcome.
Headed up to Two Harbors for the Ukulele Carnival in August, per chance?
Not quite the Ukulele Congress, but a beautiful setting.
Laurie Kallevig of Survivor Girl Ukulele Band plans to stay with me and my friends.
http://www.twoharborsukulelegroup.com/ukulele-carnival/

Like most other named diets they are not nutritionally sound without a lot of attention to intake numbers and things. Proteins are the big challenge, of course, and since soy in high amounts can mimic estrogen you have to be especially careful that your protein sources aren't heavily based on soy products.

Moderation in all things is the only long-term sustainable nutrition plan for 99% of people. It is how omnivores like humans are designed to nourish themselves. YOU have special needs, so you may fall into that 1% requiring special diets, but for the VAST majority of the population eating a variety of healthy foods, while still allowing the occasional treat (so you don't start feeling deprived and binge), makes for the best diet plan.

I should say - I know all this to be true and accurate, but I'm not a great practitioner of that nutrition principle myself...

Yup, I agree with Jon on moderation.

Whole foods = minimally processed. It’s basically eating food closer to the state it was when picked or killed. It’s not a bad idea to cut out, or at least cut down, on as much processed foods as possible. A lot of processed foods tend to be calorically dense, especially in fat and carbs, and high in sodium. Traditional Japanese and Mediterranean diets are pretty much whole foods diets.

I personally am not a fan of plant based diets. I know for me I feel much better with higher amounts of protein and fat than what’s usually recommended. It’s hard to get enough protein on a vegan diet. Most vegans I know take protein supplements or eat meat substitutes, which is processed to all heck. I think there’s a few nutrients which are hard to get from a plant based diet, so make sure you’re getting monitored for those. Vegetarian or pescatarian is a lot easier to sustain if you decided to go that route.

Last edited:
My previous employer founded an Ornish program clinic on Oahu and offered employees the program as a benefit.
I looked into it, but when I got to plant-based diet I knew there was no way I would be able to stick to it.
I need meat, eggs, fish - I am just not ready to give that up.

My previous employer founded an Ornish program clinic on Oahu and offered employees the program as a benefit.
I looked into it, but when I got to plant-based diet I knew there was no way I would be able to stick to it.
I need meat, eggs, fish - I am just not ready to give that up.

Need. Want.

Whatever.

I noticed, but being the donkey I thought I'd seem too much the expert and be thought an ass.

Jumping around the internet looking up these $50 words was not in vain then.

And I thought of you. But being that I was going for a smile, I didn't want to offend.

Code:
[COLOR="#000080"][CENTER]On the Road Again    
Willie Nelson[/CENTER]

[C] On the road again,
just can't wait to get on the [E7] road again
The life I love is making [Dm] music with my friends 
And [F] I can't wait to get [G7] on the road a[C]gain

[C] On the road again,
goin' places that I've [E7] never been
Seein' things that I may [Dm] never see again, 
And [F] I can't wait to [G7] get on the road a[C]gain. [C7]

[C7] On the [F] road again,